Report Yesterday

dukxdog

My friend runs a farm implement dealership so he's always out talking with farmers or in the field.

Talked with him yesterday telling me it's been pretty dry but some rain in localized areas. Crops are hanging in pretty well though. Summer wheat harvest is busy right now. They have been seeing more chicks lately and many that are coloring up. He says plenty of grasshoppers to keep them fed. Should be an early harvest for other crops this fall.

Spoke with another contact today and he said he thinks the birds did pretty good with the drought overall and is seeing good numbers. 🤞

Whoops...the reason I ask is actually because of the profile picture. He has property not too far from me and I've seen him at the ski hill in Upper Michigan but that was many years ago.

Spent 3 days at the Chamberlain cabin over the weekend. Seen 1 rooster Thursday night driving in north of Puwana. Seen or heard nothing all day at the cabin on Friday detailing the boat for the upcoming season. Got up early Saturday and had coffee on the patio. Nothing. Left for Murdo about 1030 to go to the car museum. Took back roads from Murdo to South of Kennebec on the way home. Nothing. Saturday night, 2 roosters flew into our grass at Sunset. Sunrise Sunday seen 2 roosters in our grass, whether they were the same ones. Who knows. Pretty quiet overall. Seen the Lower Brule report. Pretty dismal also. I'm thinking fishing will be a priority this year. Old dog Breez has terminal cancer, so that knocked some of my excitement down the drain.

Lol, not even close. Unless Ted drives a beat up old Ford, and plays mentality handicap to gain hunting access.
I drive a 1972 Ford f250, with a 1975 caveman. I'm around Roy,Montana in November, hunting the Matovich ranch, or the Olson ranch.I also hunt the Visure ranch, all for free.

I drive a 1972 Ford f250, with a 1975 caveman. I'm around Roy,Montana in November, hunting the Matovich ranch, or the Olson ranch.I also hunt the Visure ranch, all for free.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210907-090803.png
    Screenshot_20210907-090803.png
    609.5 KB · Views: 35
Spent 3 days at the Chamberlain cabin over the weekend. Seen 1 rooster Thursday night driving in north of Puwana. Seen or heard nothing all day at the cabin on Friday detailing the boat for the upcoming season. Got up early Saturday and had coffee on the patio. Nothing. Left for Murdo about 1030 to go to the car museum. Took back roads from Murdo to South of Kennebec on the way home. Nothing. Saturday night, 2 roosters flew into our grass at Sunset. Sunrise Sunday seen 2 roosters in our grass, whether they were the same ones. Who knows. Pretty quiet overall. Seen the Lower Brule report. Pretty dismal also. I'm thinking fishing will be a priority this year. Old dog Breez has terminal cancer, so that knocked some of my excitement down the drain.

Sorry to hear reddog, will Breez be able to get out for a swan song yet this fall?

Back