Relief in Sight - Jan Thaw on way

UGUIDE

Next Monday looks like high of 33 degrees and sunny. This is for my farm in SD but similar temps at cabin in WI so I assume the region will see some relief.

Should expose some new and better food sources for critters via snowmelt.

:D

That is exactly what is needed now. Settle the snow, get some bare spots.
Get the Pheasants out feeding, gain some energy before the next blast.
Still early you know.

Just got off phone with buddy in Armour SD and he mentioned that another big storm larger than the first one was coming through the area around Jan. 20th. Seems too far out for forecast for me but open to other info sources.

It will also help with the training of potty duties with the new pup. Not so fun to take him out when it is -30 outside.

I ran into the same issue last January when I got a new pup. It sure made house training a lot tougher.

A fairly significant weather pattern change into a warmer "El Nino" winter is set to begin early next week. AccuWeather provides 15 day forecasts (just need to plug in your location). It currently doesn't show any big storm for the upper plains in the coming two weeks, but does indicate a period or two of ice being possible. Another long range tracking tool is NOAA's Climate Predication Center.

In MN some areas just a day or 2 ago there was places that got another 8". We did not get a flake, thank God. We still only have around 8-10" I hope it stay's that way. But they are still talking decent weather tomorrow.:thumbsup:

Back