Red River

I think it was inevitable. Pheasants/hunting/dogs are closely associated with beer, which unfortunately today, is closely associated with politics, which is unfortunately closely associated with religion and sexual orientation.

But gambling!! That's where we need to be! Can we gamble on yellow lab hunting/video competitions on here?!? :LOL:
I got a 30 pack of bud lite on Sage:LOL:

Sage has been seen at work, Red River is just an owner's opinion. We all think the most of our dogs, as should be.
Would give Red River a two bird head start on a three bird limit. My money on Sage.

Last edited:
Sage has been seen at work, Red River is just an owner's opinion. We all think the most of our dogs, as should be.
What breed and age is Sage? Red River is a 9 yr old yellow lab if I recall right
In order to wager I need more info
What is the age of each hunter
Gauge of shotgun used by each
Where are the hunting grounds? If one hunts SD and the other Montana not a true comparison and would need to be handicapped
Are birds 100% wild?
Goose drinks PBR. What about Sage’s owner drink of preference
What is the brand of truck driven by each?
Do they drive a truck or SUV?
Political views would be helpful but I understand we can’t talk about it…

Sage is also a yellow lab that will be 9 in May
I'll be 43 come next October
12 gauge
2/3 public, 1/3 private
All wild birds in northeastern SD and one hunt in western SD
I don't have a preference of beverage
Ford Expedition/Saturn Vue

One thing I've learned over the years is that even though a good dog is what gets us into the field and makes us look good, having a hunter who knows when and where the pheasants are gonna be is just as valuable when it comes to putting birds in the vest. Speaking of, our winter is effectively over and a drive about the countryside yesterday showed that a good number of pheasants made it through the winter. If we get good nesting conditions, I think this coming season could be as good as the previous one.

Might need to man up and drink some Whiskey, lol
pretty sure about have the guys on here drink Mick Ultra. I seen Sage before on video & she's good at pheasant hutning except retreives arent very finished. She definitely finds them thou and, pretty retrieves don't put roodies in the freezer. I still got a case of mans beer Busch Light that says Red River wins this thing.

I haven't heard all the talk about the dogs. Please, Please, if it happens someone please record it. So it is Goose vs Who?

I think it was inevitable. Pheasants/hunting/dogs are closely associated with beer, which unfortunately today, is closely associated with politics, which is unfortunately closely associated with religion and sexual orientation.

But gambling!! That's where we need to be! Can we gamble on yellow lab hunting/video competitions on here?!? :LOL:
Over/under on birds found and bagged by hunting combo?

Over/under on birds found and bagged by hunting combo?
Spring hatch may have an affect, but those two are stone cold killers. It'll probably end up being around 81.5 (-110). It's way too early for me to pick a favorite. I'm sure I will eventually, but will most likely keep pretty quiet. Going to be a brawl though. While his videos may suggest he's just a guy who really loves his dog & pheasant hunting, GH is super competitive.

Last edited:
Isn't Red healing up from an ACL injury? Red may not be the dog he once was! Can he last the distance? Also, I think we should leave out the shooting aspect, that would be unfair advantage for G.H.! We're going to need some rules here. An epic challenge of this magnitude needs some preparation.

Isn't Red healing up from an ACL injury? Red may not be the dog he once was! Can he last the distance? Also, I think we should leave out the shooting aspect, that would be unfair advantage for G.H.! We're going to need some rules here. An epic challenge of this magnitude needs some preparation.
Dude I agree. It sounds like you need to be the Chairman of the event. Get started...

Spring hatch may have an affect, but those two are stone cold killers. It'll probably end up being around 81.5 (-110). It's way too early for me to pick a favorite. I'm sure I will eventually, but will most likely keep pretty quiet. Going to be a brawl though. While his videos may suggest he's just a guy who really loves his dog & pheasant hunting, GH is super competitive.
I think we need to pick a window for the tournament so we can have a decent idea of bird numbers and assess the health of all parties before we can figure out the betting line for each team. Hell this may blow up to more then just GH and Goose! Regional qualifiers? Seedings? options are somewhat limitless! :ROFLMAO:

Back