Recommend some dog boots please.

The ice and snow did a number on my Vizsla's paws the last time out and I had to leave him in the truck the last few days. I was planning on ordering these boots for next season. What weight denier are you using? I was thinking the 330 or 500 denier would be more flexible on snow and ice than the 1000 but I was going to call the company for their recommendation.
I use the 1000 denier ones but I don’t know if it matters. I’ve lost a few and shredded a couple when I turned them inside out so I could fold them over and fasten them while I was waiting on some smalls. If you tape them well enough they don’t move around much, fit like a loose mitten. I guess youre not supposed to tape them to tight though as it can cause their paws to swell up

I also prefer the Lewis boot, non vented version so nothing makes its way in the vent hole.
I have not run in to any hotspots thus far, but as mentioned proper fit when ordering is crucial. This was the 4th season on 1 set, finally starting to show some wear on the bottom. They have held up great and buy alot of extra time for the dog.
I go through alot of tape, as I typically take them off the dog on longer breaks to check feet over, clean out boots, etc.
So far so good.

Did 6 1/2 miles today in nm on a bur infested property, dog probably ran 15-18. Tube boots for me, they are flexible to not wear out the dog and never picked up a bur. Just find a boot that fits good, especially if u want to hunt 2-3 days in a row

Musher's secret, use it before there is an issue on your dog's feet. Re-apply during the hunt.
I had a brand new jar but wasn't thinking and left it at home in my larger first aid kit. I wasn't able to run my dogs much last year but hoping I can do more roading this year to toughen up their pads. That and I have some Tuff Foot I'm going to use. That should help too.

On the Lewis boots, I first put on duct tape sticky side out. Then boot on. Then duct tape boot on.
Similar, I use pre-wrap and orange duct tape. I also cut the front strop a little shorter. I tape the back then the front.

Back