Rain in some of pheasant country…🙏🏻🤞

I got 2 inches of rain on Sat/Sun. Its the most rain I've had since last summer at one time. Saturday night was torrential. Hail, gusty winds, thunder/lightning. Will hopefully make an improvement in the drought monitor.

Talked to a crop adjuster this morning. He had 5” of nice steady rain over about 3 days or so at his house. This would be the north central part of the state. Should really help both the crops and the birds!

It may not fully reduce the drought areas, but it definitely helps and it for sure makes a big impact with more bugs on the landscape and less oppressively hot days for the chicks in their first few weeks. It was a very timely rain.

NE South Dakota, We got almost 4 inches over the past 4 days, our corn jumped 18 inches in that time. Today I saw two large groups of pheasant chicks on the road. So things are looking good at the moment.

Can't wait to see the latest drought map, hopefully that ugly red blob recedes. I think they update them on Wednesdays?
New map released on Thursday mornings.

This past weeks map for posterity.

IMG-6651.png

What is the best way to see a precip report for a given area, for the last couple of Months? I have searched the net and haven’t been able to find reports. Any help appreciated.

Marty

What is the best way to see a precip report for a given area, for the last couple of Months? I have searched the net and haven’t been able to find reports. Any help appreciated.

Marty
Current climate summary maps…google that…best tool out there. Play with that for 20 minutes.

Here's what I use:

I spend a ton of time between about May and Sept looking over various areas in the 5 states that I hunt. Incredibly helpful tool.

Wish they'd quit "short stopping" the rain from getting into Minn...those people in SD, they need to be showing us a little more respect. LOL

Have talked to another couple and west of the first one they had 1.54”. Best part was no reports of hail from those areas. Would expect the crops,cover and birds should all be growing nicely.

Back