Rain in some of pheasant country…🙏🏻🤞

The ground was soaked when I woke up this morning in Watertown. I don't think it was a lot, but it was something. My folks had .25 two days ago about twenty-five miles northwest of here, but we haven't had a drop in a while.

We have only gotten 5/10ths of an inch since planting corn on 5 May. Amazing corn is hanging in there. Lots of mature birds around, haven't seen any Spring hatches yet. If the lack or rain trend continues expect a lot of Crp to be baled. Still praying for Rain here.

A good chunk of the eastern part of the state got some much needed rain the last two days. It was widespread but pretty light overall. Some areas got an inch or two though. It’s not enough to keep us out of the emergency haying that is coming later this summer, but it probably did wonders for the bugs that the chicks need. We need several more showers like that to even things out for the grass but it was a timely shot. More may be coming today.

The rain is a godsend, for everyone, especially those who sell fireworks! If I had a time machine, I'd go back and have those guys meet up in Philly about the middle to end of May to sign the Declaration.

If the majority of South Dakota can get back into a normal pattern of precip, I am optimistic that emergency haying will be limited.

The ground was soaked when I woke up this morning in Watertown. I don't think it was a lot, but it was something. My folks had .25 two days ago about twenty-five miles northwest of here, but we haven't had a drop in a while.
I see the NWS said we had 0.56". My neighbor had 0.40" in his rain gauge. Not a lot but at least something. Should be more to come yet today and Saturday.

Talking to a couple contacts north central part of the state heard 1-1.75” with higher amounts of that range as you moved farther south. Should help both the crops the birds!!

Back