Quinter or bust 2016

turtle

Dad will be 81 next week. He just left here with turtle Jr. In tow for the week. Something about a new shotgun needing broke in on clay birds . Called motel to confirm reservations for opening weekend. It's a go so guess it is time to go from level 8.8 and crank it up 11 on excitement.

Found one pair of pants last night and one boot. If anyone has a size 11 left boot let me know. Would like it to match my redhead snake boot I have in a right. Jr sent me a text of the new gun. Damn browning a 5. I hope it kicks.

Wishing you a great time this fall at Quinter. Good country there and should be some good hunting.

I think it was Quinter where, when we ran at track meets in high school, the front straight away went just downwind of the hog pens! Talk about home field advantage. Our virgin lungs just couldn't take that! Hopefully the bird hunting now is better than the air was then!!!

I think it was Quinter where, when we ran at track meets in high school, the front straight away went just downwind of the hog pens! Talk about home field advantage. Our virgin lungs just couldn't take that! Hopefully the bird hunting now is better than the air was then!!!

Ah, sucking fumes from the pig pens, that'll take your breathe away :)

Seriously, Quinter is in the heart of some good hunting.

I have hunted that area all my life. If my wife would go with me I would move there today. Been staying in Wakeeny for several years but was able to get reservations at the Q inn again so back to were we love.

Ah, sucking fumes from the pig pens, that'll take your breathe away :)

Seriously, Quinter is in the heart of some good hunting.

Might explain why my quarter mile times got longer as the season progressed. Hard enough to run one while breathing. Impossible while holding your breath!!!

Found my other boot. Now anyone know where my gun case is? I am pretty sure it has my spare gun in it.

Will be staying at the Q inn also, hope it is drastically improved over last few years. If not, will be cracking first beer at lunch.

Look for a green suburban. Should be on office side. I will be wearing snake boots probably. My son and nephew look like brothers and I look similar. We will have to drink a beer or two. That is after some cabbage rolls off the buffet.

Love bierocks. We should be on the back side. Will have the grills going in the parking lot, along with some cold ones of course.

Hopefully I dont have to go that far out to find em. I will be in the junction city to salina area and then to the north. I usually have pretty good success in these areas. Makes it hard to move further west sometimes.

Maybe Murphy will go away

Murphy law at the Turtle house. Jr may be getting pins in his ankle.today. Bull stepped on him yesterday. He kept working cattle till we noticed he was only using one foot to walk on. Surgeon is scheduled this afternoon. Told us to come prepared for surgery. Jr had to quit eating at midnight just in case.

No surgery. He just may be a blocker this year. In a walking boot for now. If he doesn't take care of it I will finish what the bull started. Got him home and while I started supper he took off in the truck to feed. We had a come to Jesus meeting and he now knows the importance of staying off of it and resting.

Back