question about non-resident license Kansas?

FieldKing

The Kansas online info. states hunters born after 1957 need to pass hunter safety course, in Indiana the cutoff is 1986, I do not need it here at home, do I have to take a course to buy a kansas license to hunt Pheasant.

Yes you will need the hunter safety course. I had to take the course this year and have been hunting in Texas over 35 years without it. Went to KS a few weeks ago and no problems.

Yes you need the Hunter Safety certificate, however they do offer a one time apprentice license that does not require the permit, you may want to check to see if you have to hunt with someone with one though.

The Kansas apprentice license does require the apprentice to be accompanied by a licensed adult age 18 or older. It's a one time license only good in the calendar year it is purchased.

Cass

I have another KS non-resident license question...Is the license valid for the calendar year and not for the entire annual hunting season???

I bought a license, planning on going just across the border from CO where I live several times primarily late in the season during Dec & Jan as time permits and conditions are prime (i.e.--fresh snow)...However, after purchasing the license - if I am reading the regulations correctly - it turns out to be only valid thru the end of Dec & I would have to purchase another one all over again to hunt in Jan??? The only positive flip-side I can possibly think of to this is that I could hunt the 1st half of next season without purchasing another license (lesson learned)...

This also turned out to be the case for me in NE as well this year!!! Would've just bought a two-day license for the hunt I went on if I had known & then waited to purchase an annual non-resident license after the 1st of the year...Guess it kinda shows off my IQ or willingness to read thru all the fine print before clicking the online purchase button...I have NEVER run across this problem in any other state where I have ever lived and/or hunted (and there have been quite a few over the years) - all my hunting licenses previous to now have always been valid for the entire annual hunting season!

Oh well, if what I fear/suspect turns out to be the case - maybe I can at least keep somebody else from making the same mistake! :rolleyes:

I'm afraid that your fear is correct :( But if you were to buy another license in January you would be able to hunt until the end of next December like you thought.

Back