Purchasing your gear

Purchasing your gear: Would you order online if someone was to seek out deals online

• Total voters
Would you order online if someone was to seek out deals online for you if it meant saving you time and money? (This is a free service also)

1. Yes - since my local store charges too much
2. Yes - since I don't have time to find deals
3. Yes - since I can't find what I want online because it's too overwhelming
4. No - since I want to go to the local stores and shop
or
5. I would like to hear your "other" responses if none of the above are suitable

:cheers:

I have no problem with ordering gear online. You get some of the best prices, and you can find exactly what you want.

Also, for some of us who are new, it would be great to have someone else finding deals on the stuff that we don't know where or how to start looking for.

I shop online all the time but do not need someone to do it for me.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm trying to launch this business and wanted to get some opinions of how popular it would be. I lived in a small town where the local sporting goods store was priced just high enough that if you did find a deal online, the shipping would deter you from ordering online and have to wait for it to arrive.
I'm became affiliated with some stores online and they'll pay me a commission for the sale. For being an affiliate, I'm aware of all their special promos, sales, free S&H, etc and would work with the customer to get them this deal.
In an industry that is becoming very expensive to participate in, saving money on your gear is the first step to enjoying your favorite past time of hunting or fishing.
This service is Free to the customer.

would your profit come from markups or from commissions for sending people to their site to purchase something?

The latter has been done successfully by sites such as slickdeals and fatwallet and host of other sites. If you had one specifically geared towards outdoors activities, I think over time, you will get the traffic. You would have to be able to outdeal the slickdeals and fatwallet type websites. I think there is one called slickguns that is dedicated to finding deals on guns.

I have done some research on this but have never really come close to implementing something like this. If you want some ideas that could help augment your idea, let me know.

would your profit come from markups or from commissions for sending people to their site to purchase something?

The latter has been done successfully by sites such as slickdeals and fatwallet and host of other sites. If you had one specifically geared towards outdoors activities, I think over time, you will get the traffic. You would have to be able to outdeal the slickdeals and fatwallet type websites. I think there is one called slickguns that is dedicated to finding deals on guns.

I have done some research on this but have never really come close to implementing something like this. If you want some ideas that could help augment your idea, let me know.
I'm the middle man without the middle man upcharge. I only earn commissions (from the store) on sending people to their site to purchase.

The trouble with some of those sites is that if you query up "trail camera" and you are looking for a specific model, you could have hundreds, or even more and then you find yourself sifting through pages of results within that site. Then the trouble of going back to find one you saw earlier if you continued looking on. Those sites don't always have a great "advanced search" tool to get specifically what you want.

What I would do differently is set up a page within my site that is password protected just for you. I email you the link and password when it's ready. Within that page, I would place a few options of what you wanted from perhaps a couple different stores showing the comparison in price and what S&H (if any) are. It's like getting your own personal "flyer" posted online just for you.

I'm sure the idea of this is not uncommon - I'm not saying I'm the first to come up with this. But due to my frustrations of surfing online, these were some of the things I wished were done for me and other people I've helped along the way so far have felt the same too. I'm willing to provide the service and help others that are probably feeling the same affects.

You can offer better deals and closeouts than Cabela's- meaning- you are sharper and know more about marketing

I have a business- send me a pm- show me you can make me money and generate sales- I'll give you 10% for every sale you can make over a standard dealer cost- you do the reshearch- you bring me the customer- I will give you 10% of every retail sale- but not a penney for the customer I already have

Howd this turn out - I also have an online store and would be interested if you could send business my way -
Brian
AmericanHuntingDog

It's currently on the back burner. A combination of a new job, buying a house and a couple other deterrents meant that I had to shelf this idea a little longer.

What do you mean by sending business your way?

I always order online as my only "local" store is 50 miles away and it's a Gander Mtn...'nuff said.

I do a fair amount of shopping on-line but I also enjoy going to my local Sportsmans Warehouse or BassPro or even my local gun shops to look at stuff and occasionally purchase from them. I am afraid that in a few years the only place we WILL be able to shop will be amazon.com and places like it.

To me everyone wanting the "cheapest price " is what is driving everything overseas and is what is killing the American manufacturing base. We Americans want our raises and our jobs but when it comes to buying our "stuff" we want it the cheapest we can get it and wonder why our economy is floundering. A some point we have to support ourselves by buying from our local stores and businesses or they will be gone. Funny thing is if you go to one of your local stores and find something you want or like, many times they will bargain with you to the point they will compete with the local "....mart" on price.

I will stop off my soap box now...

A personal shopper?...no thanks.
Wrong on so many levels that the mind reels.
One being the reduced reading material in the bathroom.

So-termed Wish books fuel the imagination and create desire in off season...embrace the opportunity.
Few are actually so busy that they need that decision and purchase time made available.
Many would equate the shopper service as a stump a bit higher than their neighbor's.

Back