Pups 2nd time with Quail

MikeWPG

Here's a video I took last weekend of my 6 month old puppies second time with quail. We've been going out a lot recently but not finding anything so I finally broke down and bought a few quail to plant for him.

I'm pretty happy with how he's doing despite not doing too much training with him. We were walking with the wind in this video and once he passed the bush, he turned back to find the quail after he caught the scent. Once he found it, he held the point for longer then I was expecting and is not affected by gun shots at all.

All in all I'm pretty pleased with my puppy. Just thought I'd share since there was a quail dedicated forum now.

http://youtu.be/NC__NOhJpUU

Way to go Chewie! I see a lot of work and fun coming to you.... Dad, have fun while you can it goes by fast....

Wtg Baca! Keep up the work and you'll have a hunting machine in no time Mike.:thumbsup: Oh and that is some good looking training ground you've found.:cheers:

Thanks guys. Took him out this morning and he found a shot quail for me. He's got a long ways to go but sure is fun to take out and hunt with.

Back