Product Review: Wrangler Brush Pants

BritChaser

Wrangler brush pants sold by Cabelas. They are ochre in color with gold leg facings.

Evaluation: They are too hot for early season. After 1.5 seasons, about 25 days afield, the facings have developed a nap and act something akin to Velcro in high cover, just the opposite of what they should do.

Verdict: Poor choice for brush pants. Threw them away today after they almost gave me a heart attack in some tall, heavy CRP.

WOW ! Really?

I've got two pair and i absolutely love them. I've had them at least 7 or 8 years (seriously).

I even have an insulated pair. Mine have held up very well. I purposely don't wash them unless they are muddy or bloody. Occasionally I will hit the facings with some waterproofing spray. All in all I have more than got my money's worth out of them.

I've had two pair for at least 5 years and I hunt 30-40 days a year. Mine are really starting to show some wear but overall in good shape. They can be a little warm early in the season but I've never felt they were too bad. they are not watert proof nor so they keep thistles from poking through. But for the money they sure are better than beating up a good pair of Levi's.

Hey BritChaser, if they are size 36 in the waist dig 'em out of the trash and send them to me. :)

Brit, My Wranglers did the same thing. This year I wore a pair of Duluth fire hose brush pants & love 'em. I also added suspenders to the former belt-only set-up & like that, also. They have held-up well, are resonably water resistant, and I've yet to be poked by a burr/spine/thorn.

WOW ! Really?

I've got two pair and i absolutely love them. I've had them at least 7 or 8 years (seriously).

I even have an insulated pair. Mine have held up very well. I purposely don't wash them unless they are muddy or bloody. Occasionally I will hit the facings with some waterproofing spray. All in all I have more than got my money's worth out of them.

We have lots of kochia and wild sunflowers in our CRP which may have caused the nap to develop on the facings. The nap causes additional friction, not a good thing when in heavy cover like I was on Saturday.

Brit, My Wranglers did the same thing. This year I wore a pair of Duluth fire hose brush pants & love 'em. I also added suspenders to the former belt-only set-up & like that, also. They have held-up well, are resonably water resistant, and I've yet to be poked by a burr/spine/thorn.

Buying bigger and holding them up with suspenders has to add to comfort, especially when fence crossing like scissoring over barb wire. I'm going to check out the Duluth pants.

Back