Pro Plan to Victor

I went from Pro Plan Performance to Victor Professional. Order from www.chewy.com. Got more food for less money. As for performance; my GSP's love the Victor however, I had to back down the amount some as they started to gain weight. Coats are smooth and shiny, stool is easy to pick up. Energy and drive seems to have increased a little but may just be cooler weather and a sense of bird season around the corner. I like it but don't overfeed.
JMc

Pretty hard to argue the history of PP performance. There has been a million field champions, and national champions brought up on that food. I have done the bounce around and came back. Never tried victor, but with any ground crew new food, something always has gone a rye. After they show a track record that proplan has I will take a sniff. I have 10 dogs on PP and all are doing great. Feeding less for me would be 1 cup a day. Because I feed 1.5 to 2 cups now. I have had 0 issues with stool or coats. My biggest gripe with PP was price. But now I have been lucky the past 3 years with a black Friday sale where I buy the whole years supply at once. Last year I got 50lb bags for about 30 bucks each. I am on my last bag now. I have no advice for victor. I looked at them once, and for me it was way more $. No clue about chewy, chewy has always been much higher for food than my local fleet. So I never ever ordered anything from them.

As for performance; my GSP's love the Victor however, I had to back down the amount some as they started to gain weight. Coats are smooth and shiny, stool is easy to pick up. Energy and drive seems to have increased a little but may just be cooler weather and a sense of bird season around the corner. I like it but don't overfeed.
JMc

Pretty much the same story here all through: good coats, smaller tight stool, good energy. My Labs are on Victor Chicken Grain-Free Dry and have been for quite a while. I had to cut each dog back about 25% to maintain the correct weight.

I would not hesitate to recommend Victor and plan to keep feeding it. I buy it at the local feed store. I'm aware of Chewy but 1) the local boys are a bit less $ than Chewy and 2) I'd rather support a local business than Chewy. People that work at the local are my neighbors. Never met anyone that worked for Chewy.

Just my two cents. YMMV.

Feed mine Victor, same results as those previously mentioned. I feed Hi-Pro Plus...recommend it. I also buy at local feed store for reasonable $$$.

Back