Predator Call

Dakotazeb

I have never used an electronic call. Have you tried handcalls at all?

George, I can tell you they work. My son has one and he used it to learn calling and to call in coyotes, The coyotes really come running to the injured rabbit scream. But be very careful, they may come running in. But I moved slightly to get a better shot position and it was gone......Bob

Lets us know how you like it compared to your mouth calls. I have always wanted an honest comparison.

You will sure get tired of messing with that cord and when its cold its even tougher. I have pretty much the same set up. My next call will be cordless and a Fox pro 3.

Hey what type and brand of mouth calls are you guys using sucessfully?
Thanks
Bob

Hey what type and brand of mouth calls are you guys using sucessfully?
Thanks
Bob

I am by no means an expert but I use open reed-ed models. I guess the closed reeds can freeze up. Johnny Stewart and Tally Ho make pretty good ones. The Johnny Stewart is a easier to use.

dzeb

u cant buy one for a 100 but fox pro all the way. one, u can down load different calls. two they are cordless. dont for get two tie them down yotes have been known to run off with them. three they work. oh crap just noticed the date on this thread, ill post it anyway.:eek:

Dad started with mouth calls, then bought a Johnny Stewart? tape player setup with the corded speaker, it was a pain in the butt to get set up, take down, push play, stop, etc. It did call in quite a few coyotes and bobcats, but wasn't convenient for running and gunning. He sold it and went back to hand calls. He's got a pile on his lanyards, but the main ones he blows are some custom calls he bought off a predator hunting forum. Tony Tibbe (sp?) I believe is the main one, open reed cowhorn. He bought his for just a few dollars more than what you can buy a factory made call, and these have character :)

Back