Possession Limit

First I am pretty sure my posts on this thread have not offended anyone because I have remained mostly neutral and not attact anyone's actual postions. Postings have largely been antidotal on how some others (including land owners) may view this topic and / or posting clips from G&F websites to help provide actual answers.

That said, Chip ... meet mirror. Meet pot and kettle.:unsure:;):unsure:

View attachment 1909View attachment 1910

Not sure why Uguide left ... don't remember any heated posts ... that said Uguide probably quit participating in part because he realized this forum was not garning much if any new business.
I'm going to criticize pay hunting every chance I get.Its ruining our sport!!

It's a good enough example. If my wife is licensed and present for the hunt, I could legally shoot her daily bag limit. Just as she could shoot mine.
Iowa or South Dakota either way I didn’t know that. I come from a non party hunting state, unless it’s abused I don’t know anyone who really cares if the party abides by the law. Migratory that’s a different story

Iowa or South Dakota either way I didn’t know that. I come from a non party hunting state, unless it’s abused I don’t know anyone who really cares if the party abides by the law. Migratory that’s a different story
Lifelong SD boy here.

Here's the actual language from the hunting handbook:
Party Hunting Daily Limits - Two or more legally licensed hunters who mutually agree to hunt small game as a party and who maintain visual and unaided vocal contact may take more than one daily limit of small game. However, the total number of small game taken by the party may not exceed the aggregate daily limit for all members of the party who are licensed to take and possess small game. This does not apply to anyone who hunts small game in more than one party in one day. This does not apply to any Big Game License or any tag issued as a part of a hunting license nor does this section apply to hunting of migratory birds.

I don’t believe most C. O. are going to be too concerned about someone who has a limit or a few over in their freezer for personal use.
HOWEVER—if you have people bragging/boasting about taking the numbers you describe—I can just about guarantee they are going to draw the attention of any C.O. that is doing their job.
We also have to remember a lot of those numbers could be taken on the internet—not in the actual field!!
Like the loud mouth in the bar who—takes a his deer running at 400 hundred yards running -head shots only “Wid my old turrdy-turrdy-that has shot so many deer the barrel had to be replaced twice”
A few years ago, 4 guys from Ohio were in a bar in Eastern Montana,Bragging about all the pheasants they shot that day. A game warden overheard this conversation. I guess they poached several deer, several geese.They were all fined over 2000 dollars, and booted out of Montana forever.

This thread was actually pretty good. Each of us can decide you want to manage your freezer at home. My preference is to gift birds ... often already prepared (cooked).

Back