Plastic stocked shotguns

wesslpointer

I was thinking about control freaks that tell you what type of shotgun stocks you should use and I remembered A story and gun form years ago. Jim was A BIG! Swed from South Dakota that love to hunt ducks. I was In high school and was invited to stay with him and hunt ducks the next day. Well Jim stopped in the Bar to see his girl and I got to wait in the car. It took A lot longer than I hope "what a kid does to go hunting" well A fight broke out inside the bar then one guy came flying out then another they wound up sitting on the grown outside looking at each other then they both got up and took off in opisite directions. A minute latter Big Jim stuck his head out the door to make sure they were gone. It was just like the movies "FUNNEY". I guess when you've fought in the "Battle of the BULGE" in WW11 you learn how to fight. I wonder what would have happened to some clown that told him what gun stock to use. O Yeah back to his GUN I was told it was made during ww11 it was a side by side that hade a plastic or nylon stock because they were using all the wood for the war guns? Does any one know about these guns?

Last edited:
I was thinking about control freaks that tell you what type of shotgun stocks you should use and I remembered A story and gun form years ago. Jim was A BIG! Swed from South Dakota that love to hunt ducks. I was In high school and was invited to stay with him and hunt ducks the next day. Well Jim stopped in the Bar to see his girl and I got to wait in the car. It took A lot longer than I hope "what a kid does to go hunting" well A fight broke out inside the bar then one guy came flying out then another they wound up sitting on the grown outside looking at each other then they both got up and took off in opisite directions. A minute latter Big Jim stuck his head out the door to make sure they were gone. It was just like the movies "FUNNEY". I guess when you've fought in the "Battle of the BULGE" in WW11 you learn how to fight. I wonder what would have happened to some clown that told him what gun stock to use. O Yeah back to the GUN I was told it was made during ww11 it was a side by side that hade a plastic or nylon stock because they were using all the wood for the war guns? Does any one know about these guns?
Good story thanks for sharing:cheers:

They are not very highly sought after and bring little money. Savage, Stevens and Remington all made nylon stocked guns back then.

here's a example

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=230353881

Many of the stocks cracked and broke over the years. Several stock company's offer replacement wood stocks.

They are not very highly sought after and bring little money. Savage, Stevens and Remington all made nylon stocked guns back then.

here's a example

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=230353881

Many of the stocks cracked and broke over the years. Several stock company's offer replacement wood stocks.
I can believe the stocks broke even the auto tires made in ww11 you cold not drive over 45mi per hour or they would blow out!!! Thanks for the info

Please refrain from starting wars on this sight. Please read info/post with the Idea, that people are Kidding and get over it. It's hard to tell some times what people mean by their posts. Can we all just hunt Pheasant.:)

Please refrain from starting wars on this sight. Please read info/post with the Idea, that people are Kidding and get over it. It's hard to tell some times what people mean by their posts. Can we all just hunt Pheasant.:)

+1. Mod, next time, please delete my username as well, I would prefer not to belong to this kind of site. Thanks

Back