Place to Camp

We are looking for a place to park a camper with three guys with dogs for this upcoming 2012 season in the central or north central part of the state. We plan on going the first week in November, which is after the private campgrounds and state parks have closed...at least that is what I am finding on-line. All we NEED is electrical hook-up. If anyone knows of any campsites that are operating at that time, or, we'd be more than happy to pay a farmer to let us park, as long as it is not "downwind from his hogs. When his tractor backs up traffic..." (oops, sorry, got caught up in the song.)
Any info, whether it be by post or personal message would be greatly appreciated. Lets pray for a mild winter and moderate spring to make for a great harvest in the fall.
just remember... "Daddy Won't Sell the Farm"

State parks generally, are not closed. We have been using various parks vic Pierre Lake Oahe for the last couple of years. We use the Cabins but the campsites are also open. check out the SDGFP website, camping. U can make reservations 90days out but I would say that if you are bringing a camper that is not necessary. we have never seen more than 1-2 other groups camping. Try Farm Island State park, Cow creek, West Whitlock or any of the parks on the east side of Oahe lake. So far, the latrine facilities have always been open and ther hot shower is nice at the end of the day. We have hunted and done OK within walking distance of the campsite! Even if the close the latrine, most parks are open for self sustained camping year round, i believe. Only exception is Oahe Downstream. The close it as it is an Eagle Nesting Ground.

Thanks C-fisher, really appreciate that info! Just bought a used pull-behind on ebay, moving up from the pop-up. More room for the dogs,wouldn't be doing this if it weren't for them. Besides, rather work smarter, not harder...gettin' too old for it. Now shorthairs4life says we'll have to make two trips this year. Did the fullboat lodge trip this past November and did great(my first trip to SD)! With what we spent we may now be more than able to make it twice, just have to see how the work situation unfolds as the time aproaches.
An aquaintance told me that by purchasing this camper, the cost of hunting just went up. Soooo... you earn money to enjoy life. My grandfather had his own plumbing shop(can u guess what I do for a living?) and ran it till he was 95, passed away at 96. He never took vacations, hardly spent time with family, he was all business. Even worked holidays. His customers loved him. I don't remember them burying all his money with him.
Anyway, didn't mean to ramble...THANK YOU!
P.S. our three male shorthairs aka "the third reich" thank you, too:cheers:

Thanks, D Z. Aberdeen is your old stomping ground. That's the area I went to in November for my first trip to S D. I imagine you made it back to the area since Watertown didn't fare so well this year. We hunted public and private, did well on both. Had more fun on public(even got out quicker on last day if you believe that!). Perhaps our paths will cross.

This is off topic, but I am curious if the Yum Yum Burger is still open in Marengo. They had the best lime shakes in the late 1980's.

With deep regret I have to inform you that the Yum Yum closed it's doors in the mid 90's. The restaurant is still there and has re-opened a number of times under different formats and is currently operating as "Cafe 20", a trendy atmospere featuring ethnic nights(German, Mexican,Greek). I liked their broasted chicken. I get more people ask me about a bar called The Spot,
known for their 1/2 lb Spot burger...still open.:cheers:

Back