Pierre Cast and Blast

AP2

My buddies and I are headed to the Pierre area in the middle of November and were interested in maybe trying a "Cast and Blast" type of trip, but aren't familiar with the fishing in this area. We should be there November 10-14 or 17-21. Is this too late in the season to have any luck with walleye? Any advice or info helps, just something we thought we could try. Thanks guys!

Fish the tailrace at the dam--it will be cold but sometimes the fishing can be AWSOME---a really fun thing is to fish really late on the west side up by the lighted sign and sight cast to walleyes as the schools move thru--PM me I'll explain :D

I don't start fishing walleyes out there till at least thanksgiving . Sometimes later, depending on how good the hunting is.

Not too late at all. Go for it! Almost all of my SD trips are cast and blast trips involving some portion of the MO River. Fishing in the morning, hunting in the afternoon. Only thing would be if you get out there and it just happens to be 0 degrees that week (water won't be frozen, but it could be uncomfortably cold in the boat...)

2012-03-05_07_36_11.jpg

2012-01-14_18_47_2511.jpg

Typically I sleep in the morning, hunt till I feel like its time to go fishin..

That bottom pic is boarder line criminal:D

Thanks for all of the info guys! Looks like we'll be bringing our poles now.

SDJIM - I will shoot you a PM when the time gets closer, if that's still alright with you.

Back