Pics from the 2010 Season

daboone

Picture of the opening day hunt. Regretting now that I didnt take many pictures this year!

This is the daddy to our 18 month old dogs
notice the young quail on the far left!

DSC027143.jpg

The 2 female pups:

DSC02718-1.jpg

Great pictures! I never remember my camera, I'm lucky to be carrying me and my gun by the end of the day! Next year I'm going to post a note on the door to remember. Nice to see proof that there are still quail in Missouri! `A nice mellow spring would sure be nice this year, see if we can get a rebound of the quail population.

I never take the camera into the field mainly because I'd rather be holding my gun then a camera when the dogs lock up. Too few of opportunites to miss out on a shot. And when we get back to the house it's usually dark and we still have to feed the dogs and clean birds. I did get a picture of my pups first pheasant that he pointed!

Each spring I think "hey it wasn't that bad for the hatch, there should be more birds this year" but I've been wrong the past 3 years! From what I've gathered the month of June is the peak hatching period!

I would give my right testy to go Quail hunting. Great pics

Onpoint, If you get down this way, I'm sure we can find you some quail, no testes required, unless you hang up stepping over the barbwire fence , which is possible, but not recommended! DaBoone, we need a warm early spring with timely warm showers. Seems like we get cold days and deluges of cold wet rain from April to July. Of course now we have 8+ inches of snow on the ground, and have had snowcover for 10 consecutive days, and 5" coming tommorrow. Awful hard on the little bobs. So far 5th most snow in January since 1880, with more coming.

OAN, that's a kind offer. If I ever get well again. I would love to have the chance to do that some day. I was in the emergency room around Christmas for 5 hours. They did a CT scan with a die. They said I had diverticulitis but the doc seen something else on the scan and the radiologist had to read it. Next my doc said they found blood in my stool and what they seen on the scan. They can't rule out possible cancer. I go in on the 7th for more tests/scope. I been sick so long. I just wish they could find something. I can't take the pain and fatigue...it's killing me.

Sorry for the thread jack guys, Carry on guys.

Back