Pics from South Dakota Blizzard

onpoint

This is from Charles Mix County

sothdakota12-12-09blizzard.jpg

southdakota12-25-09blizzerd-2.jpg

I'm sure the Pheasants have taken a real hit

Need Advice on Trip

My name is Lee, and used to follow the Argus Leader web site, until it was hacked last year. Planned on leaving last night with my son and a friend last night, but the blizzard changed all that. We usually hunt the huron area, and would really appreciate some advice; if we can get out to that area, would we even be able to hunt, due to the drifts; it looks like the snow accumulation is 15-18 inches b4 drifting...............Thanks

My name is Lee, and used to follow the Argus Leader web site, until it was hacked last year. Planned on leaving last night with my son and a friend last night, but the blizzard changed all that. We usually hunt the huron area, and would really appreciate some advice; if we can get out to that area, would we even be able to hunt, due to the drifts; it looks like the snow accumulation is 15-18 inches b4 drifting...............Thanks

?????????????? Really ????????????????????????

Do not have drifts 15 miles north of Sioux Falls like Charles Mix, but we had as much or more snow, less blow. My Dog pen, enclosed three sides by shed, is difficult to get to and right now I can only get in three of 5 pens as there is 50 yards of 3 feet and 5 ft. in front of pens.
Unless you are willing to tough it out in heavy slews, hunt tree belts or road hunt in the worst sense of the term, you should save your time.
I would hate to see a lot of hens get caught by dogs.
________
ALASKA DISPENSARIES

Last edited:
trip

Thanks Uncle Buck,

It's hard to give up when you wait all season to enjoy late season SD hunting. Plus, my son just turned 21, so enjoying a sandwich & cold one at the Scoreboard with him after the hunt was also something to look forward to..... We have had our share of snow in N. Illinois, including 7-8 inches today. Good point about the dogs catching hens...........this storm will be hard enough on them. Appreciate your comments.......................Lee

Thanks Uncle Buck,

It's hard to give up when you wait all season to enjoy late season SD hunting. Plus, my son just turned 21, so enjoying a sandwich & cold one at the Scoreboard with him after the hunt was also something to look forward to..... We have had our share of snow in N. Illinois, including 7-8 inches today. Good point about the dogs catching hens...........this storm will be hard enough on them. Appreciate your comments.......................Lee

Scoreboard in Mitchell? I beleive there is also one in Huron.
________
Honda XR600 history

Last edited:
There is a Scoreboard next to the Corn palace, we stopped in for a burger and a beer during the opening weekend.

Scott

Years ago the Scoreboard was 2 blocks south. High school hang out for my group in the Sixties. Had great nickel Cokes, girly magazines and pinball machines!
________
TOYOTA F ENGINE

Last edited:
Back