Pheasants Forever Banquets - Dont miss out!

chadsbritt

Hello Everyone,

I hope your season has been great! Be sure to show your appreciation for all of the great land out east by attending you local PF fundraising banquet. Listed below are dates for upcoming banquets.

Of course, I'm heavily involved with the Northern Colorado (NOCO) chapter, and am going to tell you all to attend our banquet.:D If you want more information on the NOCO banquet go to www.nocopf.com. Additional information will be available in the next couple of weeks. If anyone or any businesses are feeling generous and would like to help sponsor the event, please get in touch with me. We are always looking for help, and donations in the form of cash, services, hunts, merchdise, gift cards, etc. are always appreciated. And another puppy would be awesome!

February 18, 2012 – Frenchman Creek Chapter

March 3 – Northern Colorado Chapter Loveland, CO

March 9 – Northeast Chapter

March 10 – Metro Denver Chapter

March 24 – Pikes Peak Chapter

March 31 – Kit Carson Chapter

Thanks for your support! :cheers:

PF

Ok this is one of those semi-embarassing questions that seem to come up more as I get older. I joined Pheasants Forever about 6 years ago (when I got my Irish) and send in my money yearly(and get a calendar). But I am thinking that it must be the National PF. So what is the difference between the local chapters and the National Chapter. If I join the local chapter does more of my money stay in Colorado? Do i have to join both Local and National? If I hunt on the Norht East Plains does it make any more sense to join that Chapter or one closer like Denver?

Steve,
Check out the Metro Denver PF website at MDPF.org. I was like you, sent in my money, got the magazine, and usually attended the annual banquet. This year I got more involved. The website has the officers listed so you can email the one of the membership guys to see if your name got linked to the Denver chapter. You don't need to join the national and a local-although all the chapters would be happy to have more donations from you. Try to attend at least one of the banquets as they are the biggest fundraiser for each chapter.
Regards,
Tom---POL

Pheasants Forever is a national organization that has over 600 local chapters throughout the nation. When you send in your annual dues, that money goes to PF national. They use the money for projects all over the country, and conservation on a national level.

The local chapters are all part of the national organization. Like Tom said, you can become an active member in your local organization if you want to become more involved. It doesn't cost you anything else; we're all one big family! PF is great because all of the money raised locally, other than dues collected for the annual membership, stays with that chapter to do work in their area.

The chapters along the front range are heavily involved in youth outreach and invest a lot of time and money in those types of programs. Since there isn't alot of habitat in the area, the front range chapters also contribute a good bit of money to the PF habitat biologists working on our eastern plains that were hired a couple of years ago. They are doing amazing work! I'm sure many of the chapters out east spend much of their money raised directly on habitat projects.

If you want your money to go directly to a certain area, you could always make a donation to the chapter closest to that area. You could also attend their local banquet. As Tom mentioned, those are the primary money makers for the chapters.

Regarding becoming more involved with a chapter, I would hook up with the chapter closest to you. If your near denver, that would the metro Denver PF.

I hope this helps.

Hello Everyone,

I hope your season has been great! Be sure to show your appreciation for all of the great land out east by attending you local PF fundraising banquet. Listed below are dates for upcoming banquets.

Of course, I'm heavily involved with the Northern Colorado (NOCO) chapter, and am going to tell you all to attend our banquet.:D If you want more information on the NOCO banquet go to www.nocopf.com. Additional information will be available in the next couple of weeks. If anyone or any businesses are feeling generous and would like to help sponsor the event, please get in touch with me. We are always looking for help, and donations in the form of cash, services, hunts, merchdise, gift cards, etc. are always appreciated. And another puppy would be awesome!

February 18, 2012 – Frenchman Creek Chapter

March 3 – Northern Colorado Chapter Loveland, CO

March 9 – Northeast Chapter

March 10 – Metro Denver Chapter

March 24 – Pikes Peak Chapter

March 31 – Kit Carson Chapter

Thanks for your support! :cheers:

I will be at the Metro Denver and Pikes Peak. The thing I have with the others is #1 the distance and #2 I don't know ANYONE THERE?

Greg

Hey Everyone,

Here are the prices for this year's Northern CO event. Notice we have some early bird specials, but they must be received by Feb 19.

Membership - $35.00
Adult Dinner - $30.00
Kids 18 & under (includes membership) - $20

Early Bird Package #1 - $100: 1 Membership, 1 Dinner, $50 general raffle tickets, and 1 entry into the early bird gun drawing

Early Bird Package #2 - $150: 1 Membership, 1 Dinner, $100 general raffle tickets, PF hat, and 1 entry into the early bird gun drawing

If you have any questions or want a registration form, send me a PM. If you're on our mailing list, you should receive your registration form in the next couple of days.

Chad, I will have a package from Prois that will be donated as long as I put out some catalogues! I will have to get with you for a receipt when it comes in!! I will talk with Burris ( Beretta owned) as well!!:cheers:

Chad, I will have a package from Prois that will be donated as long as I put out some catalogues! I will have to get with you for a receipt when it comes in!! I will talk with Burris ( Beretta owned) as well!!:cheers:

Chad, That is great! :thumbsup: Throwing out a few catalogs should be no problem at all. Give me a shout or shoot me a PM and we can discuss the details.

Thanks for helping out!

think ill plan to go to the Pikes Peak one...as this will be my first, how does it all work?

Snipet, sorry about the delay in responding. I've included a link to the pikes peak chapter for you. I saw that their registration form is now available.

So you're wondering how it all works? I'm sure the pikes peak banquet will be similar to the northern CO chapter banquet. We generally have about 1/2 dozen different raffles/games you can play for various prizes (trips, guns, etc.). Those games are generally played prior to dinner during the "social hour" where guys tell lies while enjoying a cold one! There is also a silent auction that concludes later in the night. Dinner will follow, and then the live auction. Generally, at the conclusion of the live auction, they draw all of the raffles and conclude the night.

I have to admit, the first banquet I went to, I was worried about being pressured into "buying," something. That was not at all the case. Sure, we like people to support the cause, but we hope that happens through the raffles, auctions, etc. I'm glad to hear you're going; I think you'll really enjoy it.

I hope this helps. :beer:

Snipet, sorry about the delay in responding. I've included a link to the pikes peak chapter for you. I saw that their registration form is now available.

So you're wondering how it all works? I'm sure the pikes peak banquet will be similar to the northern CO chapter banquet. We generally have about 1/2 dozen different raffles/games you can play for various prizes (trips, guns, etc.). Those games are generally played prior to dinner during the "social hour" where guys tell lies while enjoying a cold one! There is also a silent auction that concludes later in the night. Dinner will follow, and then the live auction. Generally, at the conclusion of the live auction, they draw all of the raffles and conclude the night.

I have to admit, the first banquet I went to, I was worried about being pressured into "buying," something. That was not at all the case. Sure, we like people to support the cause, but we hope that happens through the raffles, auctions, etc. I'm glad to hear you're going; I think you'll really enjoy it.

I hope this helps. :beer:

sweet thnx! hopefully ill be able to go to the one here in town then

quick question, will they have member sign up there or will i have to sign up online?

They should have member sign up available at the door, but I would pre-register if I was you. It generally gets you through the door more quickly.

Hey pheasant hunting junkies. Don't forget about next weekend's banquet in Loveland. It's going to be great! :beer:

Hey pheasant hunting junkies. Don't forget about next weekend's banquet in Loveland. It's going to be great! :beer:

Who else is coming???? I will be there with the family! Chad, see you Thursday night!!! And again Saturday!!:cheers:

Hey Chad, I hope you guys have a good turnout on the 9th. I'll working at the Denver banquet on the 10th.
Tom

Tomorrow is Banquet night for NOCO PF!!!! Bet the comittee members will be Glad after tomorrow!!!! Thanks for all your hard work and time!!!!:10sign:

Back