Pheasants at night

You were right. On the ground. Maybe, possibly in trees if coyotes are on the prowl??
Damn straight them birds will go in trees when yotes are around. I shoot everyone i see. Fearal cats too and any nest pirate skunk and coon. Cats are the worst so i hate them more then even skunks.

I have several roosting in my Russian Olive trees some days.....occasionally they will be in elms. Rare times I have had them in a pine as well. Seems damp morning/evenings they tend to more often but some days with even hot dry weather they perch there as well. I don’t have any coyotes but some owls/hawks and skunks...

All I know is that many times I go out first thing in the morning and see them fly out of the trees, never questioned them as to how they slept.

Our chickens will roost in trees and they can’t even fly !

All I know is that many times I go out first thing in the morning and see them fly out of the trees, never questioned them as to how they slept.

That's interesting. I never go out early in the morning to pheasant hunt.My cousin doesn't get up before 9.30, so early morning pheasant is out.

Maybe they roost in those Russian olive trees?

Back