Pheasant sightings

Madison COunty

Is anyone seeing many pheasants on public ground? I have been super busy working and haven't had a chance to take the dog out! Any reports siphon hound, Iowa labs or anybody else?

Season will be here soon and I cannot wait!:eek:

Seen four dead ones on road yesterday:( They baled the public hunting last week by me. My crp is standing room only:thumbsup::10sign:

ive seen a few here and there just flying across the road in the evening. i might get out early in the morning this thursday or friday. need a nice wet dewey muggy morning.

I use to hunt the area around Corning about 6-7 years ago, quit because a friend from there got killed and haven't been back, I was just wondering if it would be worth driving from Colorado to the area or not.
Thoughts, it is not all about killing as much as it is about finances.

A lot has changed in the last 6 yrs for pheasant hunting in Iowa. Unless you had some really good private areas to hunt, it would probably not be worth it.

I grew up in N. Iowa and things were great 50 years ago. Our farm is row cropped now fence to fence but I am hearing good reports from friends there. NW Iowa has improved and I plan to try this fall having a place to stay with my brother makes it more reasonable. The DNR has almost priced themselves out of sight for a non-resident license with the down bird population. I think States see SD as a gauge for their license fees or they see lower sales so they raise the price to compensate revenue.

NE Iowa used to be awesome in the 90s but its not as great anymore. Have had real good luck around here the last few years. I say Iowa is still a great place to hunt you just have to work a little harder now. That's why we call it hunting! I would encourage everyone to just stay home this season :D

i strongly agree people should just stay home, i'll go and let ya all know how good or bad it was this upcoming season:p

I am going first to SD to see what they look like but then I'm coming to Iowa! Got a good honey hole in mind! :D

Back