Pheasant Photos

1pheas4

I took a few photos last week. I have to use 2 posts to fit all the photos.
These are wild birds, sunsets, ducks, etc. I didn't get any flying roosters. Not to say I didn't have my chances. Murphy's law kicked in on each rooster.

Sun Set
picture.php

Flushed wild hen
picture.php

2 year old wild rooster
picture.php

Ducks
picture.php

Wild rooster (it's a bit blurry because I had to crop the photo. The bird was about 60 yards out)
picture.php

Last edited:
(post 2 of 2)

I got a Prairie Chicken!
picture.php

Another sun set
picture.php

Can you see her? (a close up of a hen).
picture.php

Another wild rooster
picture.php

picture.php

Wild rooster w/sun set
picture.php

Last edited:
What state were you in?
Illinois doesn't have PC does it?

We do (down state), but not huntable populations right now. These photos were taken in SD.

I'm going to mount the prairie chicken. I have a special connection with a taxidermist:D

Great pics. That chicken Mounted just as he lay in that pic would be awesome but I don't suppose you took the post with you. :)

lol....no I didn't take one, but I do have some for taxidermy. I may give that a try WisTurk.

Nice pics. I got to see the finished product on the Chicken. :thumbsup:

In post #2 there's a pic of a hen. I showed this picture to a few guys and they couldn't see her! They really blend in well don't they.

I've marked the picture in case anyone is having difficulty where she is in this picture.

picture.php

Uguide, yes, the PC was taken in CSD.:cheers:

hey buddy those look awesome. It has been many years since I have taken a chicken. We saw a few when we were up in oct. I am coming back up in a couple weeks and may try to get one.

Back