Pheasant Opener - Tomorrow

gjw

Well, another season about to kick off tomorrow. Looks to be a wet one this year! Kind of like a couple years back when we got 17" of snow. Always on the opener it seems!

Anyway, good luck to all this weekend!

Be Safe!

Greg

Well, another season about to kick off tomorrow. Looks to be a wet one this year! Kind of like a couple years back when we got 17" of snow. Always on the opener it seems!

Anyway, good luck to all this weekend!

Be Safe!

Greg
Well I am waiting for a picture.

Didn't get out today, rained all day and it still is. Roads are really sloppy. Will give it a whirl tomorrow afternoon when it dries out a bit.

We really needed this rain earlier this year, alas, we didn't.

Best

Greg

Didn't get out today, rained all day and it still is. Roads are really sloppy. Will give it a whirl tomorrow afternoon when it dries out a bit.

We really needed this rain earlier this year, alas, we didn't.

Best

Greg
Smart call on yesterday. Doing the same.

An observation so far. A lot of the young of the year birds a quite young. Not a lot of color on them. You can find birds but not a lot to shoot at. It seems to be mature hens and real young birds out there.

We got 7 on saturday of opener. we hunted ND central. there were 5 of us. most crops was up, it was windy and it rained most of the day. Sunday we really didn't hunt too wet.

we put up 12 birds. we shot 5 singles. one we missed and got it up again 1/4 mile away. they we got up 6 at one time. 2 hens and 4 roosters we got 2.

we did see 3 on the road. if we didn't have a dog we would of got 0-2. when birds are wet they don't want to fly. and when the crops are up all they want to do is run in the corn.

it was the worst opener i have ever had. didn't hunt sunday to wet. but i still had a blast. heading out tomorrow as the corn is coming off as we speak!

Back