Pheasant Fest may or may not come to South Dakota in coming years

UGUIDE

Talked with SD tourism folks and, yes, the new convention center in Sioux Falls can hold the event but I guess there is a bid process that each city goes thru to try and lure the event to their town.

SD seems like a natural location to have Pheasant Fest but in the end it may not be the best for all involved. There are concerns that attendance would be low, etc, etc.

I would be interested to get feedback on this as to whether folks think Sioux Falls would be a good location for the show.

I think they might have to just give her a go once to see what the shake out is.

Chris, I couldn't agree more. After all, there are more pheasants harvested in SD every year than any where else in the USA and more pheasant hunters from out of state flock to SD evert year then anywhere else. I'm with you, I think it's a natural choice.

Sioux Falls would not only draw hunters from South Dakota but also North Dakota, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska and even Kansas. I think it's location with 4 states clsoe by makes it ideal. Sure the Twin Cities, host of this year's event, has a much, much larger population but how many residents in the TC area are pheasant hunters? I wanted to see this in South Dakota for many years. With the new event center in Sioux Falls there is no reason it can't come here. Someone needs to encourage the State and the City of Sioux Falls to pursue it.

I would guess that the draw to the other cities is that there is more to do. Minneapolis and Omaha have more shopping and other stuff.

You got to think creatively. Have it there during pheasant season not in the dead of winter.

I would definitely attend Pheasant Fest in Sioux Falls, only acouple hours drive for me. Not to mention I'd rather go there than Des moines or Minneapolis !

Back