Pheasant Fest 2018

I went last Feb in Minneapolis, from Sioux Falls. I'll be honest. I was real excited and ended up pretty underwhelmed. My highlight was getting to fondle the "new" Sweet 16, & all that did was confirm for me that I didn't need one that badly & would rather have a Fausti. Glad I'd scored free tix. If I don't manage to come up with some tix again this year, I probably won't go in my own city. Mostly outfitters & people selling stuff that's only vaguely related to pheasant hunting.

I would like to go just to hear and possibly meet Steven Rinella this year, but I'm sure he'll cover it in his podcast

All these years I've been waiting for Pheasant Fest to come to South Dakota. It's finally a reality and now I spend my winters in Arizona so I won't make it. Go figure!! :(

Wow! You guys all sound like a bunch of Old Men that needed to go home and take a nap!!!! :) :)

I went to pheasant fest last year, took the kiddos, and had a great time.

I also went to the Banquet on Friday night and that was fun. Good Music Too!!!!!

I can't wait!!!!

Chip

At last years banquet, they had a guy named Gary West "For the Love of Cash", a tribute band to Johnny Cash. I'm pretty sure he plays in Nashville at times.

I'm waiting for pheasant fest to come to Nashville. A town that would be much more fun.

Wow! You guys all sound like a bunch of Old Men that needed to go home and take a nap!!!! :) :)

I went to pheasant fest last year, took the kiddos, and had a great time.

I also went to the Banquet on Friday night and that was fun. Good Music Too!!!!!

I can't wait!!!!

We'll if you call 58 old then I guess I am. Been to a few fest's and once you've seen one you've seen them all basically. Don't do seminars and once I checked for anything new it really was time for a nap. LOL!! I can see the kids having a good time though.

Last edited:
I have never been to one of these, but I think I will go to this one. It is close and there is going to be a soil health presence there that I will be participating in, weather permitting.

I have never been to one of these, but I think I will go to this one. It is close and there is going to be a soil health presence there that I will be participating in, weather permitting.

Tell me more about the "soil health presence":)

NRCS is going to be there extolling the benefits of cover crops and soil health for wildlife. NRCS wants people that have used these practices to hang around and visit with people about our experiences.

We went for the first time this year, seemed to be just a place for overpriced outfitters and lodges. I did score some deals at the Running's Store booth on boots and a new jacket and that was the highlight of the whole day.

its always going to be commercialized to a large degree, PF needs to get the right mix of biologists and land management folks to address the issues that landowners and members can support.

Back