Permission to hunt

pebble beach costs over $500 a round to play golf...and it is a public course! Some golf clubs cost over 100k to join...just join! A public course in Howard, SD costs about $20 per round...your choice. Some people like to rub shoulders with others who are impressed with money and status...because they are impressed with money and status! There's something for everybody!!!!

So true Benelli... something for everybody. I tried SD public land a few times and will never hunt it again.
After hunting a well managed farm with crp, slews, tree lines, shelter belts, etc... the number of birds seen is night and day vs public. I put a little $$$ Away all year to save up but the treaspass fee is well worth it to our group as long as bird numbers are good.

What I don't get, is if South Dakota has great public hunting, why are these fancy, blue blood hunting farms all over the state? I don't get that.

Kind of like how Montana has great public fishing, yet there are tons of blue blood fly fishing lodges all over the state. It is no different. Supply and demand.

I scouted a flock of toms today, but was turned down when I called the guy.He looked like the type of guy who would be hard to convince.Oh well, that's the game.

One time I drove up to a farm, and parked in the old pick up area, was a truck the same year as mine.Ford f 100.Right then, I knew I was in.

Ok, I agree, but the cost is outrageous, in my opinion.These hunt ing places have big buses to take people out to hunt In! Buses.

Found a farmer stuck in the mud in his field, miles from nowhere. Spent a couple hrs getting him out. Asked if I could hunt he was reluctant but said yes. He said any posted signs this color u can hunt. It turned out he was a major land owner for miles around Winner, SD. Had more land than could get to. :)

Remember Small MunsterLander Hunter? I think it is really him. No money, old broken down van, bitchin' about " pay to play" on here everyday.

I've wondered the same thing a couple of times recently.

Yeah, but this guy seems to have an above 4th grade level of spelling and able to capitalize.

Small Munsterlander wasn’t this fussy who he would hunt with!

No country music, must know 6 good goose hunting towns in SK.ONE IN ALBERTA.Must know how to set up for adult snow geese, in the wind. Must know your way around a pre 40 a5 mag.Must know the 870 sp.Must know the names of the original, and current eagles members . Must know what song canned heat is famous for.Must know the names of led Zeppelin .no morning people, techno freaks. Must not judge a day of hunting, on bird numbers. Must like to have a few after hunting, or many drinks.must like an occasional smoke.no drink while hunting.cant be from Ohio , or a construction worker.Must be willing to spend some money, but no bushwa types. No pay hunting, bust must be willing to knock on doors.Having a good way with these country types helps a lot, so having that skill , is a bonus, for getting permission .

Back