Owners of Dogs

cheesy

If you've got a dog you're fond of, get a collar from NiteLite (www.huntsmart.com) (or equivalent supplier), have them put your name and phone number on the brass nameplate on it. My dog has my name, my cell number, my wifes name, her cell number. Heavy duty leather collar was all of $8 or some such cheapness.

Reason I post this, we've been adopted by a cross-bred lab. She's fat, she's happy, good dog, nice collar on her, and no nameplate anywhere.

I agree with you on that. A friend of mine does that with his coon hounds and has a micro-chip put in as well. Before he started using the chips someone that had a grudge against seen one of his dogs loose in the woods took the collar off and put one of his on and tried to say it was his.The guy did not realize it had been trained to certain voice commands and wound up on the short end of the stick.

I micro chip all my dogs

I understand the value of a micro-chip, don't get me wrong, but it only works if somebody takes it to a vet to be scanned.

Couldn't agree more. My dogs run with name plates that include my home address, my cell phone number, my wife's cell phone number and the cell phone number of the guy I typically hunt with. If I lose a dog and it is found, there is no reason I should not get a phone call.

One thing to do, absolutely, is stamp "reward" on the collar tag. On thing not to do, absolutely, is put the dogs name on the collar!

Back