over/under

Hey Keith how do you like the english stock? I just picked one up and I love it so far

I love them. In addition to the 12 ga Citori english stock, I also have a 20 ga english stocked Citori and an 1187 with an english stock. The 20 ga is for grouse here in MI and the 1187 is for steel shot.

+2 on the citori superlight. I have been shooting one in 20 gauge for over 15 years. Just picked up one in 12 gauge and was concerned about the recoil; turns out it is not a problem and I will not be using "shoulder crusher" loads. I figure 1 1/8 to 1 1/4 oz @ 1300 f/s should be fine on pheasants (home brewed loads). Note that this is not the newer superlight feather, the feathers are in the low 6 lb on the 12 gauge and I suspect they will kick harder but a recoil pad would calm that down some. The citori's are great guns and this now makes the 3rd one I own and I have never had a mechanical issue with them in the past 17 years. The Superlight with the english stock and the 26" barrel is a quick handling fine shooting gun. Of course personal fit makes all the difference. I have added a mid-bead on the rib to help keep my head down; train the brain to make sure only one speck is on the rib when looking at the target.

+3 have been using a superposed superlight browning for 4 years. Had chokes installed, and at 6.5 pounds carries well all day. I have shot a few rounds of clays during last summer with it, and after 100 shots, my shoulder was a bit tender, but not hurting.... that said how many times do you shoot in a day in the field..... i want to get another one ! Mine is 12 gauge!

I would look at citori, just because they arent a collector gun. I bought mine priced right, as the guy didnt know what he had! good searching

Dustin,
I like the 20 gauge particularly for grouse huning here in the NC mountains. Lots of steep terranin to climb so having that 6.25 LB gun is nice. For the last 12 years I have used it in the pheasant/quail fields of Kansas and on day 4 it is stll easy to carry but the 12 gauge will offer a little more variety in loads for those tenacious pheasant. I have a 425 in the corral for clays as well. With 3 boys I have been collecting 20 gauges for them :thumbsup: er..maybe me in the interium and I have a nice light Benelli M1 field too in 20 gauge but having the two chokes on the guns does have a nice advantage; a third shot is nice on the auto but the 4th usually is just a waste of a shot.
For what ever reason I have had to send the Benelli back to them 2X for repairs (they covered the repair cost) but it sure is a drag to hear a click when you expect a boom and a dropping bird. Never, never had that happen on the citori's.

Wolf, After the 2nd breakdown, if it was me that Benelli would be traded for something else ASAP.......Bob

I have had a half doz Benellies at least. Everyone of them had issues. I just picked up a 20ga Montefeltro just a short time ago, as I like the light weight little 20 with choke tubes so I can shoot steel though it. Lets hope it doesn't follow the track record of the others. I almost always can be found with a O/U in my hands instead. I like knowing that the gun will go bang every time.

For all that like the OU light with hard plates, and EEK you will see kick with that light one too, try a Limb Saver or comparable recoil pad. They work great.:thumbsup: Have it droped off at a good smith and he will make it look beautiful & the right length. My cortona is light and I can blast all day. It's my ears that catch heck.:D

Bobby, you're probably right:D but both malfunctions did have explanations. The first was the first time the gun was used; the main spring was just not strong enough to push the bolt in the proper place if I jarred it while walking causing the firing pin not to strike the primer, factory defect but real bummer when you pull the trigger the first time on a bird and click. They promptly fixed it. The second came 4 or 5 years later (December 2009) out there in Kansas when the temps were hitting a high of 10 or 12 degrees for the day. I had primer dents on some shells but no bang. This could be a function of the lubrication in the mechanism getting sluggish or as Benelli tried to point out, Fiochi had some issues with primers. The other side of that is my buddy was shooting the same gun and same shells but did not have any issues, his was a new version maybe without the same lube situation. The first night after being afield we stripped the guns down parallel to each other and his hammer was swinging more smoothly than mine; sent it back. I must say, when the gun functions correctly it is great so I will give it one last chance, but it will probably be one of my boys that give it a go next.

bought a Browning Citori Upland Special 20- it kicked a bit with heavy loads- fit perfect so I had the gun shop install a recoil pad to be the exact length-
weight is 5lbs 8 oz- ducks, doves, quail, and pheasants- even with the short barrels and light weight it does nicely on everything- I set my Beretta AL2 aside quite a few years ago- this is just a pleasure to carry and shoot-never have had any problems-

IMG_0001-12.jpg

Back