outback gundogs

gsp4life

has anyone got a puppy from kirby at outback kennels? i was in the market for another gsp puppy and his name was the first that came to mind. if you guys could help me out that would be great. thanks. derrick

Outback has many differant breeds any many differant lines, They will stand behind there dogs and are great people to get to work with. good luck:cheers:

I've bought two dogs from Kirby and a buddy of mine bought a shorthair from him last summer. Great guy and he's got great dogs. I haven't heard a bad word about his operation.

I have been to his kennels several times he is always there if i need any information about dogs and i have sold him several brittanies . you should try and jew him on his dogs a little not to much. but if you go to his website and go to testimonials you will see alot of great reports on his dogs and if john micheal montogomery is satified with his dog u will be also. good mluck

i had a gsp in mind from him. and at first he said $1000 and then he said $700 and then he posted the pups on his web site for $750. oh well. he said the blood line was dixeland rusty? i have heard about the line but dont know much about it. do any of you guys know that line??? thanks

if he said a certain price he will stick to it i trust him we have done business together several times and he is honest. and will stick to his word

yeah i know. thats all i heard about the guy, is how honest and staight foward he is. and when the price jumped around like that, i just thought it was weird. but can anyone tell me about tha dixeland rusty line?

The more Dixieland Rusty the better.It works. Makes for a good NSTRA dog.Lots of run,good noses, yet biddable. very good choice of line.

Wish I could help you pointer guy's out but can't. Just wanted to pop in and say it's nice to see you around Ogie Where the heck have ya been.:cheers:

Wish I could spend more time on here with all you guys, but with the work hours and all the doggy games have been really busy. Im hoping in the next couple of weeks things will slow down ..:cheers:

GSP, call Terry Stunkard in eastern Oklahoma. He recently had a litter of pups from well titled NAVHDA breeding, 918-261-0555. I know him from the PDJ blog. He was recommended by a friend who knows good shorthairs.

hey thanks alot pd. i'm still looking around. havent made up my mind yet. i just want this to be a all around good dog. does this guy have a website, or is it a backyard breed? whats the name of his kennels? i just want to do alittle research before i make my mind up thanks alot . derrick

I don't know about a website etc. I do know the sire and dam of this litter have VC, UTI, SH, and MH either in front of or behind their registered names. He is big in NAVHDA, which is probably one of the best tests of versatile breeds. Give him a call and see if you hit it off. It'd probably be a beneficial trip to make.

but can anyone tell me about the dixieland rusty line?

Very popular line with the field trial folks. Rusty himself is a GSPCA hall of fame dog and one of the most prolific producers of Field Trial champions in the past 30 years. Unfortunately, he has been deceased for quite some time, so I don't know how much you could actually call linebred off Rusty anymore. I think today it's mostly for marketing purposes because of who he was. From what I know the dixieland lines currently still produce dogs with good bird instincts, loads of drive, speed and stamina. Depending on the breeding they can be somewhat big when it comes to range.

If you are relatively new to the breed make sure you research what's out there and determine what you want before you select a breeder and or line of dogs. There can be big differences between the lines out there and depending on your training skills/goals, some may be more to your liking then others.

Most importantly go see the dog flesh in action. See if you can arrange to see the dam and or sire work. Most breeders if they are worth anything will be glad show you their dogs in action. If they won't, keep looking.

Last edited:
Back