Our new addition

daniel77

Picked up our new male English Setter puppy this weekend. He's 8 wks old today, and my son, Wyatt, decided to name him Jelly Bean. Got this pup from Spin Top Kennels in north/central Alabama http://www.spintopkennel.com/. Mr. Holt was very professional throughout the process, as we've had the deposit down since before the pups were whelped. He's sent pics and been very good with the communication and information. Mr. Holt also has his pups priced VERY VERY REASONABLY. I'd highly recommend him and his kennel to anyone looking for an EP, ES, GSP, or Brit. Judging by the testimonials he has, so would a lot of other folks.
My son, who will be 4 in a couple months, wanted to see Mr. Holt's quail, and when pup followed us, we got to see Jelly Bean make his first point. It was very cool to see my 7 1/2 wk old puppy point.
This was a very long road trip for us, so we stopped every couple of hours to stretch our legs and bond with Jelly Bean. We took the more scenic road along the Ms River levee on the way home and I took some pics.

Presenting Jelly Bean.
IMG_1815.jpg

IMG_1824-1.jpg

Dangerous Duo
IMG_1818-1.jpg

We've nearly got Jelly Bean gun broke already. LOL
IMG_1817.jpg

So far I've been very impressed with this pup. He's very smart and LOVES kids. He's also the boldest pup I've ever had. Already fell into the swimming pool and jumps off the porch like there is no drop at all. He's also chased my son up and down the Ms. river levee a few dozen times. Me thinks this one is a keeper.

Last edited:
Congrats, it's sure fun to think about the pup and your son growing up together. I have a 4 year-old daughter and she and my springer who just turned one have quite a bond.

Last edited:
Great Looking Boy and Pup

Great looking boy and pup. They will grow up to be a big part of your bird team. Happy times at the Happy Hunting Grounds dead ahead!

i can tell its already a gun dog!

this would be a great artwork if you had that done.. then wait til your boy is older and take another with them years years later.

Great pics congratulations I am sure you all will have a lot of fun together. There is nothing like a new pup around the house!!

Congratulations on the new Pup. The boy and that pup are playing good together which is a good thing. They both should make you proud in the years to come........Bob

Back