Orange dog vest

mgorvi

Gonna put a dog vest on my pointer this trip and try it out. Do you think an orange vest hinders a pointing dog? Should I have bought the tan one?

That’s good cuz I just spent $50. I like the added visibility aspect of a vest. Half the time I have no clue where she is and any little bit helps.

Gonna put a dog vest on my pointer this trip and try it out. Do you think an orange vest hinders a pointing dog? Should I have bought the tan one?

From the looks of it, you should come out and try the rainbow one.

Yup I did that. That pic was the first day she wore it so I wanted to make sure it fit right. Really good fitting vest and absolutely no chafing. Jerry is gonna put Miya on his website. Ha

I run two GSP's: one in orange and one in safety yellow. A GSP can disappear in a field and the vest help me when working them and it helps shooters see them as well. Call Jerry at Sylmar...he's on point!

I have the same vest for a lab. It’s great except I had to do a little trim around the arm hole. Other then that no issues.
I guess it’s impossible to make a large quantity of vest and expect it to fit every dog body type.

Vest

I run two GSP's: one in orange and one in safety yellow. A GSP can disappear in a field and the vest help me when working them and it helps shooters see them as well. Call Jerry at Sylmar...he's on point!

Yup, absolutely makes a difference. I realized it the first day she wore it. I have another pup coming in Feb. and I’ll go with the safety yellow on that one to tell them apart. View attachment 9573View attachment 9574 Good to avoid this kind of stuff.

Back