opening weekend

Already put these on my own thread, but if this is the official opening weekend picture thread I don't want to miss out-

Rooster running on some private ground
RunningRooster.jpg

Mid-Day Break
GroupBreak.jpg

A buddy walking in on bro-in laws dog's point-
DanCanePoint.jpg

Another buddy walking in on a point-
VinceCanePoint.jpg

My 14 month old on point-
KatyPoint-1.jpg

Groups limit-
EndofDayLimit.jpg

Very nice. :coolpics: I have an uncle who lives in park Kansas, looks like Kansas is the real deal!

I didn't get around to getting pics up yesterday so I thought I should share the story real quick. We hunted S of Dodge to start Saturday. Lots of birds, but didn't kill many. Headed back to the N side of Dodge. Plenty of birds in both locales.

I harvested 4 roosters the first day and 3 the 2nd, then managed to bring down a couple of quail, though I could've had a limit of quail Sunday....poor shooting is to blame.

Scenting conditions weren't perfect, but they've been a lot worse. Had a few nice rooster points and a lot of good dog work on quail. The old Britts are just that.....OLD (10 and 12), but they're still getting the job done. The GWP and my 1 1/2 yo GSP did a great job of working the heavy cover. All in all, it was an excellent w/e to be out. I expect the remainder of the season to be pretty good to us.

Saturday's birds
latefall2010includingopener090.jpg

Some new friends
latefall2010includingopener119.jpg

Dad and the one Okie I'll admit to knowing.....j/k fellow rednecks
latefall2010includingopener121.jpg

Tired dogs after a day's hunt
latefall2010includingopener117.jpg

A lifelong friend (one that didn't used to hunt) and I in what has become my favorite spot.
latefall2010includingopener068.jpg

Super nice!!

So KB which one is you???? Here is a pic of my son and his 1st wild rooster and the land owner & one of him and me. Can you tell which one I am???

Yes, I knew which one was you when I saw that pic in another thread. I've looked at your profile and seen a few of your pics now. Everytime someone posts pics I try to see if I can determine what they should look like based on their forum character, but that's not easy.

I'm in the top and bottom picture. I'm not the pretty 15yo on the left in the top pic. In the bottom pic I'm the guy with his hand in the air signalling to the crew that we need to stop again to let the dogs work.

me too

Yes, I knew which one was you when I saw that pic in another thread. I've looked at your profile and seen a few of your pics now. Everytime someone posts pics I try to see if I can determine what they should look like based on their forum character, but that's not easy.

I'm in the top and bottom picture. I'm not the pretty 15yo on the left in the top pic. In the bottom pic I'm the guy with his hand in the air signalling to the crew that we need to stop again to let the dogs work.

Yeah I do the same I like to put a face to the name.

Back