Only in missouri maybe not

jimmy j

When I went to my southern open shed to get my tractor and loader to move our deep snow I was surprised, as were the covey of quail, that the covey had been coveyed up in the shed and were enjoying the nice sun that day out of the cold wind. Hunted this covey a little during season but they are smart and only killed a couple and there were several left. Put some shelled corn in the shed for future feed for them and also some out in the woods where they usually stay under several cedar trees that didn't have much snow and did have overhead protection. Also do have food plots in several places where I hunt that still are above the snow and also next to good cover. Has anyone else ever seen wild birds in a building?

That's awesome. When I was a kid growing up in North Mississippi, I can remember seeing birds around the house all the time. Once I saw a covey on our carport drinking out of the dog water bowl.

I posted before, there was always a covey of bobwhites among an old homestead, used the brush and the buildings for shelter. It's even more important with Huns. I had a covey pointed in a open sided machine shed, when we roosted them out, 1 here, 2 there, over a course of a few minutes, they were very difficult to shoot! We could shoot in the shed, or at the machinery, a little to close to the neighbors house across the lot. We tried to follow them as singles, never saw one! Farmer said they came back every night, it was cold and early, they were stay in that morning!

Back