One Last Trip to Eastern Oregon January 11-15

Drew

I have been convinced to go on a quail and chukar trip next week by my son in law. I don't know if the word "Doofess" is universally understood but that is my best description of him. At the time that he married my daughter, he had never hunted or fished. 8 years later, he has a lot of experience but still a "Doofess". I really enjoy his fails though. Seeing him cross a concrete ditch or a barbed wire fence are comical. My all time best is watching him cross an electric fence. I have a ton of stories and I expect that by this trip ends I will be both frustrated full of funny stories.

Wish me luck.

I have been convinced to go on a quail and chukar trip next week by my son in law. I don't know if the word "Doofess" is universally understood but that is my best description of him. At the time that he married my daughter, he had never hunted or fished. 8 years later, he has a lot of experience but still a "Doofess". I really enjoy his fails though. Seeing him cross a concrete ditch or a barbed wire fence are comical. My all time best is watching him cross an electric fence. I have a ton of stories and I expect that by this trip ends I will be both frustrated full of funny stories.
Wish me luck.
I have people in my family who are very green.

What an eventful trip. We arrived in good shape. My son in-law and his friend drove from Portland to meet us. He immediately ripped both of his ammo pouches completely on a barbed wire fence. He didn’t notice until all of his shells had dropped out in the snow. So the rest of the trip he wore his coat and stuffed shells and quail in the pockets of his coat. The quail numbers were remarkable. I have wanted to hunt an area that I hunted 40 years ago again just to reminisce a bit. There were a crazy number of quail there. We ended up hunting it two consecutive days and it only got better. It snowed 8” the second day which made walking and driving a bit of an issue but we worked around it. Then on his way home
My son in-law rolled his truck on icy roads but nobody got hurt, it just made for a long long trip to Portland.

It really sucks that I’m done quail hunting for the year.

Attachments

• IMG_8918.jpeg
    IMG_8918.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_8921.jpeg
    IMG_8921.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
Back