odd christmas mixed bag

quail hound

So we decided to go after a few quail this morning and bagged 11 birds. My brother also bagged this young wild hog. This is the first pig we have ever seen during daylight hours on this ranch. This is the reason we always bring the rifle along. Luckily we had a tag with us or there would be no pork on the table for Christmas.

IMAG0174.jpg

Smorgesbourg!!!!! Great hunt!!!!!:coolpics::10sign:

SWEEEEEET:thumbsup:

Did the Springers retrieve the Bacon? Nice job.

Bet that weighed-down the old game pouch . . . nicely done!

Lol. No but I bet he would have tried if I ask him to.

QH,

AWSOME. You still going to cook the Goose, or are you digging a pit, For the pig. The Goose might make good Stuffing for the Pig. Lot's of Banana Leaves On a bed of Hot Mesquite coal bed = GOOD eaten.

Ps I'd leave the goose out of the stuffing.:D

Last edited:
Quail and chops, nothing wrong with that. :thumbsup:

That little porker is the PERFECT size for good eats! :thumbsup:

Can't believe you Californians have to have a "tag" just to kill one though - they beg us to kill every one we possibly can in TX! :cheers:

That little porker is the PERFECT size for good eats! :thumbsup:

Can't believe you Californians have to have a "tag" just to kill one though - they beg us to kill every one we possibly can in TX! :cheers:

We have a year round season on them and usually this rancher has a deperdation permit for us but it just expired and hasn't been renewed yet. Our tags used to be 5 for 20 dollars, now they are about 15 dollars each! Oh well its money for other wildlife projects for our game animals.

Back