Not that I'm counting

CharBroiled

but 113 'til Opening Day, a day which should be a national holiday.

And ironically, the 113 might be the temp today.

I went to check on food plots and had three deer take off as well as quail calling all around. I am definitely ready.

Can't wait. Only a month and change until doce season. Then we can throw in teal season. Got my elk tag in the mail today for Colorado. Then in 113 days the serious stuff happens.

Been running my shorthair a few miles each night on the four wheeler. She likes the water at the end.

Had a hunting-related dream last night. Will shop at Cabelas in KC today. Just talked with my buddy about our upcoming October chukar hunt in NV. Reminded myself that the pheasant seasons in the Dakotas and Nebraska all start in October. Yesterday bought a trout permit, two fall turkey tags, and a HIP for dove. Put ticklers in my calendar for booking motel rooms. Crawled all over this forum today. Huntin' fever's coming on strong.

Last edited:
Getting the itch myself! Been running the dog a little bit. We leave for North Dakota in 65 days. Then , be out in KS in January. Cant wait!!

Getting the itch myself! Been running the dog a little bit. We leave for North Dakota in 65 days. Then , be out in KS in January. Cant wait!!

I hunted in SW ND some years ago and never saw so many pheasants. Great hunting.

We hunt in central ND. Numbers have steadily declined over the last 10 years. Still good hunting though. We pick up a few sharpies along the way as well. How has the weather been this spring up around Hays?

Check your new 2016 WIHA map as one county we like to hunt lost over 10,000 acres and another lost 5,000.

We hunt in central ND. Numbers have steadily declined over the last 10 years. Still good hunting though. We pick up a few sharpies along the way as well. How has the weather been this spring up around Hays?

I think they had spring rains.

Drove out to Colorado Friday for an extended weekend. Did some 'scouting' on the way, and boy I am ready for fall....

Eight days till dove. But who's counting. ;)

I was hoping for a streak of hot weather in hopes of a field getting cut east of Sedgwick it does not look like we will get that weather.

Back