North Dakota or South Dakota

mmelton

can anyone give me some info on how public land hunting in North Dakota is vs South Dakota. How much is a non resident license. How do the hunting times differ can we start before 10am. when does the season start and end. what areas seem to be the best as far as north south east west central or what?

Me and the guys were thinking of trying something differant next year and I would like to hear the goods and bads of North Dakota.

I just hunted North Dakota one week ago. Out of state license is $100 it is good for 2 seven day periods. You can bring home 4 days limits or 12 birds per license. Southwestern North Dakota is probably the best, lots of birds. You can hunt from 1/2 hour before sunrise till sunset in North Dakota. Makes for a long day chasing birds.

i have not been for years, but there is an reciprical deal with certain states which mean they only charge for lisences what the state you live in charges for Non Residents from North Dakota to hunt in there state. I got a bargain for the kids lisences, I can't remember what I saved on mine. That was a Missouri non-resident, It long past now, but remember there is a 10 day or 2 week season where no non=residents cannot hunt PLOT grounds and state conservation grounds in the first part of the season. . Might check it out.

Both Dakotas' wildlife authorities have websites explaining all the details you seek.

i have not been for years, but there is an reciprical deal with certain states which mean they only charge for lisences what the state you live in charges for Non Residents from North Dakota to hunt in there state. I got a bargain for the kids lisences, I can't remember what I saved on mine. That was a Missouri non-resident, It long past now, but remember there is a 10 day or 2 week season where no non=residents cannot hunt PLOT grounds and state conservation grounds in the first part of the season. . Might check it out.

ND offers children 15 and under to hunt at resident license cost. It is only offered to states that recipricate the plan. The list of states are on the NDG&F web site.

There is no reciprical plan with any state for adult nonresident licenses. You saved nothing on the adult license.

Plots are closed to nonresidents the first 7 days of the regular pheasant season.

Goggle NDG&F.

Back