Newcomer from the Peoples Republic of Chicago (Illinois)

rangerman

Been reading posts regularly, thought I might as well join up.....Located 400 miles south of chitown...Own 3 setters, hunt quail locally and try and make a trip or 2 to pheasant hunt out of state. Considering planning a trip to ND,, haven't been there since 1995 (Williston), I'm sure things have changed...Doesn't appear the winter/spring weather has been cooperative to pheasants, grouse and huns... Would anyone have any suggestions where I might consider as a starting point...Been studying the plots maps....Don't need to know your favorite spot....Prefer to hunt plots, wpas or private land with permission. PM if you would like...

welcome to the site. 400 miles south of Chicago would put you pretty deep into Southern IL, No?
Im 1/4 S of the WI state line so Im on the other end.

Looking forward to pics of your pups!

Last edited:
Welcome
We are in Sullivan, IL on Lake Shellbyville. We also have Setters a four year old female and 4 girl pups whelped 2 days ago. Do you ever get up this way?

Bob

Welcome to UPH, drop by often and tell us of your hunting adventures......Bob

Rangerman -- Dog Pics

UpHunter- If I was located any further south I would be in Kentucky...Actually 42 miles north of Paducah, live in Williamson County... However, I grew up in northern Lake County in a small town on the Cheesehead border (WI)....

Been to Lake Shelbyville years ago, always thought about making a run to hunt pheasants on WMA.

Attached is a pic of the boys, however old age took the dog laying down in front of me this spring (not good)... The dog laying down is from Stillmeadowns Jim (michigan); dog on my left is out of Long Gone Nixon (New Hampshire); dog on my right is sired by grandson of Stillmeadows Jim (dog laying down)...All 3 are tri-colors.....Purchased a orange/white pup last year from a kennel in Wis...He (Chance) is a year old; he is ryman, decoverly, and setters west....large dog 65 pounds....

Hey Rangerman
This litter is sired by Goodgoing Classic Zeus, (a grand son of CH Brannigan on the top side and Ryman blood on the Bottom. Maggie is Ryman going back to October Setters, Pinecoble, Setters West, Goodgoing, and a few other notable dogs. Pretty exciting litter if you have studied the Ryman bloodlines.

Thanks
Bob

Ryman Line -- Chance 1.5 yrs

Highbrass,,

Attached is a picture of my setter Chance who is ryman, decoverly, setters west... He weighs in at 65 lbs. points with his tail flat with his back, close working dog.

Back