skeetjordan

I say I am a newbie, but I joined this site awhile ago and have learned alot from you guys. I also enjoy all the pics. I am a member on one other forum, upland journal, but I spend as much time here as there so I figured I better go ahead and introduce myself. I was introduced to hunting by my dad; however, when the birds numbers in Oklahoma went way down, our hunting stopped. Then 3 years ago I decided I would buy a dog and got myself and english setter. I started going to Kansas got my dad to join me and now we are addicted along with my brother. I can't say enough about how much I enjoy being in Kansas. Ill try to post a pic of my dogs. But thanks again for all the info provided here and I dont know how much knowledge I can contribute, being fairly new to dog training and hunting, but I will enjoy the conversations. Great Site :10sign:

DSC01545.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0084.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0088.jpg
[/IMG]

sorry guys this may need to be in the introduction part of the forum, but i spend most of my time here on the kansas forum.

welcome (from another semi-newbie)

Where abouts in Oklahoma are you from? Where abouts in Kansas do you hunt? I grew up in Kansas, live in SW Missouri, and pheasant hunt mostly around Great Bend and Greensburg anymore.

Good looking setter, always liked them, always scared of cockle-burs. :)

welcome all newbies. gotta say i'm impressed...been here about 6 months and still can't figure out how to post the images...i always do attachments

I grew up in Iola, KS hunting quail and western ks for phez, moved to SPringfield, MO for 10 yrs, relocated to SPring Hill, KS 2 ys ago, bought Brittany pup and ready to hit the fields this fall...maybe we'll meet up!

Travis

Welcome

Welcome to the forum and to Kansas for hunting. Hope you and your setter have a great season.

Nice setter(love the britches)! Nice looking group with a mixed bag as well. Glad you enjoy our state.

Thanks for all of the welcomes and compliments. I told my setter what yall said and he wagged his tail. Maybe we will cross paths some days on a Kansas WIHA field.

Cheesy,
I live in Tulsa, OK now. Just moved here from the Norman/OKC area (OU grad). We usually hunt around the russell or larned area depending on the pheasant forecast. I really enjoy both places and always find birds everytime I go. The greensburg area is where I started that first year. Nice country down there.

We won't hold it against you that you're an OU grad, KSU here for me. My old roomie from KSU lives in Tulsa, we get down there quite a bit to see him, decent town for its size. He went on a wild bird hunt with my family once, decided we walked entirely too much, he prefers to have his hunts paid for with guides provided, but then again, he has the cushy oil-man job that provides that as a perk.

Back