New Weatherby

quail hound

I picked up my new SA-08 last night and brought her home. It has one less barrel than I normally like and isn't especially good looking but for the price and how good the reviews seem to be how could I go wrong? This will be my beater/ bad weather gun.

Anybody else here shoot one? How do you like it?

Those are good shoguns and a bargain. I had an Upland version, nice and light for a 12 gauge at 6lbs 5 oz. I bought it for the exact reason you did as a capable backup, but moved it along when I realized I just wasn't using it, and I have others. My best friend has a SA-08 Waterfowler and he loves his, hits well with it, and it's been dead reliable. They are based on the legendary Beretta 303.

With dove season quickly approaching I should have a good idea of it's performance and my ability to shoot it very quickly.

My wife has two of them. One Syn. for ducks and a wood stocked one for upland. She has had them both for 5-6 years at least. She even fires Remington Hyper Sonic waterfowl loads through her's. No issues, have worked well. Two of her girl friends have bought each a one after shooting her's. Both have had no issues.

Back