New Vest

Wingit

Looking at the Tenzing and Alps vest, any feed back on them? How are they for water for the dog being stored? Not the hydration pack but water bottles. Can not find much info on either of them about storage and ease of reaching. Thanks

I have not used either of these vests but it appears the Tenzing does not have any water bottle holders while the Alps does. Have you considered a WingWorks vest? They have two 1 liter water bottles and are extremely easy load game into. Plus they are built like a tank. The problem right now is availability. They currently are not making any vests apparently due to some family issues.

I have not used either of these vests but it appears the Tenzing does not have any water bottle holders while the Alps does. Have you considered a WingWorks vest? They have two 1 liter water bottles and are extremely easy load game into. Plus they are built like a tank. The problem right now is availability. They currently are not making any vests apparently due to some family issues.
I would love a WingWorks vest but hes not taking orders because of Covid19, actually been shutdown for 3-4 months now.

Have you seen the new one from Chief Upland? Looks like an intro preorder price of 99 bones. Looks interesting

I went with the Orvis vest and bought water bottle holders on EBay that fit perfectly on it. Removable also when not needing as much water carrying. One main reason was the option for no orange On the vest.

I've moved away from the "busy" vests and now just have a simple Orvis and throw a small bottle of water in the bird pocket. Always have water in the truck.

I went with the Orvis vest and bought water bottle holders on EBay that fit perfectly on it. Removable also when not needing as much water carrying. One main reason was the option for no orange On the vest.

do you still have info on water bottle holders?

do you still have info on water bottle holders?

go to EBay and search. “Tactical Molle Water Bottle Carrier Holder Pouch Outdoor Adjustable Kettle Bag”. That is very close to what I bought if not it exactly. Lots of other options in the $7-10 range which was significantly cheaper than what the vest manufacturers wanted for theirs.

Always wanted a WingWorks and thought this year would be the year until the damn covid. I ended up just ordering a Browning Bird'n Lite 2.0. I had a bunch of gift cards so for $40 bucks out of pocket I figured I'd give it a try.

I have a Tenzing TZ BVB16 vest and would not recommend it. No place for water bottle (does have space for camelbak, but see note below), small game pouch that is hard to access at times, and horrible customer service. If you shed a layer and put it in the designated zippered pocket, or if you have a full camelbak, you have little room to work with in the game pouch. You can barely fit three birds in there without anything in the zippered pocket.

My wings works wore out after 10 years. It also maybe shrunk a little. Lol 😂. I got a Huntredi at pheasant fest last year and I think is was a step up if that’s possible.

I disagree with Pheasant.Esq, I've used the Tenzing BV15 & BV16 for the last couple years and am a big fan. Overall I consider it to be the best upland vest I've used in over 50 years of upland hunting.

Out here in western ND I habitually carry lots of stuff when I leave the truck for any reason, and the Tenzing fits my pistol in this regard. It has plenty of storage compartments & pockets. My normal upland load out is water, gear & first aid for 2-4 dogs, and snacks, gear, and shells for myself.

Carrying water is no issue. No made for the purpose water bottle pockets, no problem. I either carry a bladder or much more often put two 24 ounce plastic water bottles upright in the main compartment. Can put in a couple more but usually carry other stuff in the main compartment as well. Carrying that weight on the back is much easier than on my hips. As stated above I hunt with 2-4 dogs at a time, and that is plenty of water to walk a couple miles of cover. I simply refill as needed when we get back to the truck.

I only have two complaints, if you can call them that. A bigger game bag would be nice, but the size is limited by the number of storage compartments. I have no problem getting a limit of roosters in it, but if you are going to carry someone else's birds too, you want a different vest, probably a strap vest with their inherently huge game bags.

The hip support belt pockets are adequate but really could be bigger. Each pocket has 7 internal shell loops, which is more than enough extra ammo for me. The first and last are pretty tight to the front & back of the pocket so are difficult to access quickly, but I rarely need those last couple shells.

My wife uses the Badlands Upland Vest/Pack. Almost identical design as the Tenzing, but smaller overall so it fits her better. I like the hip support pocket design of her vest better than the Tenzing.

Last edited:
Back