New UGUIDE Pheasant Camp

MMD, it simply brings some assurances for the hunter and also a "pay for performance" aspect to the landowner.

I like the "pay for performance". My uncle leases some ground to outfitters in North Central SD. He gets paid by the number of birds harvested. The better the habitat the more he gets.

Now for my soap box. Two years ago I headed up to Lake of the Woods. Gas was $5 a gallon. We drove the 1200 miles round trip, spent $120 a night on rooms and fished for 6 hours out of 3 days because the wind was to bad even the charters could not go out. We are headed back again this year. Because that is how fishing goes and some times that is how hunting goes.

UGUIDE - I think that is a neat idea to help guys pull the trigger on those late season hunt when more variables that are out of anyone's control might come into play. I think you are onto something there and I can tell you that if my IA connections/trips ever go away this new twist on late season just might be something I would be interested in looking at.

Matt D

UGUIDE - I think that is a neat idea to help guys pull the trigger on those late season hunt when more variables that are out of anyone's control might come into play. I think you are onto something there and I can tell you that if my IA connections/trips ever go away this new twist on late season just might be something I would be interested in looking at.

Matt D

Thanks Matt, those late season hunts can really be special but the weather risk makes it a no go for many. We wanted to try something to make it a win-win for everyone and take some of the risk out of it.

Just my thoughts;

The refund for weather such as roads closed and such that would make the trip impossible is without saying. Otherwise the hunt is on.
The guarantees of limits, I would stay away from that. Folks should work for what the get and shoot their own birds. They ain't likely to think much of pheasant hunting if say a guide or landowner shoots the birds.

Just my thoughts;

The refund for weather such as roads closed and such that would make the trip impossible is without saying. Otherwise the hunt is on.
The guarantees of limits, I would stay away from that. Folks should work for what the get and shoot their own birds. They ain't likely to think much of pheasant hunting if say a guide or landowner shoots the birds.

MNMT, I do encourage and appreciate the feedback from true hunter types. Most consumers, regardless of product, want some assurance of quality.

The guarantee really goes as far as saying "this is an area that seasonally has great bird numbers and the habitat to support that continued success as well as making the property huntable for novices". The increased rate offsets the risk of assurances from the landowner.

UGUIDE, These are some amazing camps. "cudoes"

Ric

Back