New to site

hobbes

I originate from Southern IL. My family and I moved to CO in 2006 and from there to MT in 2011. I've not bird hunted for approximately 20 years. That was bobwhites back home in Southern IL over a pointer and a setter. Since then I've hunted big game exclusively in the fall and turkeys in the spring. I had a couple pointing labs at separate times since 2006 that I had good intentions for, but neither of them really saw any hunting time other than training. Each of those dogs tragically died young (it seemed a curse), so I wasn't sure I was willing to take the risk of going through that a third time.

I've got a friend here in MT that is rooster nuts and his passion and his Griffon pushed me to decide I wanted to get a dog and start bird hunting here in MT. I expected a long wait on a kennel's list for a Griffon, but had an unexpected opportunity to pick a pup up back in the spring. I didn't have to think about it for too long before deciding to take the risk and bring her home.

I'm now starting to hunt birds I know very little about. I'm as inexperienced here in MT as my 10 month old Griffon. I hope Kassie turns into a good bird dog despite my lack of knowledge. "Good" bird dog or not, my family wouldn't give her up for anything.

Windy day last weekend hunting with my two sons on some Block Management that appears to have mostly Sharptails and Huns.

P1130108_zps9171363f.jpg

P1130114_zps8caf6a8b.jpg

P1130111_zpsc3f31016.jpg

Welcome to the site. Family and dog in the field together...great stuff!

Welcome to the forum. The photos show that everyone - dogs and mankind - are learning together and getting the hang of things. Well done.

Back