New shotguns for 2018 from CZ USA

kick them up

Well since we are all family here on UPH I thought I would share some info ahead of time on some new CZ Shotguns for 2018. There are several now models that I am excited about and will post spics shortly as I have been using them here in KS on my hunts this fall. Here are my picks so far. PM me should you have any questions, but I am liking all these new additions.

#1 .. CZ USA Field Supreme O/U offered in 12,20 and 28ga with an engrave nickel receiver and grade 3 Turkish walnut. MSRP $1699.00
#2 .. CZ USA Reaper Magnum O/U 12ga Realtree camo stock with 3.5 in chambers 26in barrel (my personal favorite as I love to reap hunt turkeys in the spring) MSRP $959
#3 .. CZ USA Sharptail SxS 16ga 28in barrels with fixed imp/mod chokes MSRP $999.00
#4 .. CZ USA Drake now offered in .28ga, .140, and a lefthand cast on 12ga. MSRP $679.00

Kick'em Up!

So how do the O/U's differ from say the redhead or Teal? Looks like the Supreme is higher end gun from the engraving and nicer wood. My son really likes his Teal and I like the Sharptail platform. Looking forward to seeing pics.

I wonder why they only offer the 16 ga. Sharptail with 28" barrels and fixed chokes. I'd prefer 26" barrels and choke tubes.

Yeah, I wouldn't think an optional barrel length would increase tooling cost. At msrp of $999, I suppose retail will be in the $750 range. You'd think someone prepared to spend $750 on a gun might easily spend the extra $150 (or whatever) for interchangeable chokes. But if they really have to be in that $750 range, then I guess you don't get that with your SxS.

Last edited:
I can live with the IC/Mod fixed chokes as that's about all I'd use 99% anyway. I just prefer shorter barrels and would prefer 26". At the price point I might be interested.

Yeah the sharpie being fixed choke is a surprise as the other gauges I believe all have choke tubes. The sharpie feels good in my hands ive been looking at one in 28ga, very nice looking sxs.

If it is on a scaled frame and not a sleeved down 12 I’d be interested, im with ZEB I’d rather have 26 inch barrels, but at the price point I’d probably interested, hopefully it will be a true 16 or on a mod 20 and is a 6.5 pound gun or so.

The Ringneck was CZ's former 16 ga SxS. I believe it was built on a 16 ga frame. I don't know the weight. But it had extractors not ejectors. Wonder what the Sharptails will have?

Well let me see about clearing some questions up.
The Sharptail is builton a 12ga frame with fixed chokes and extractors to keep the price point under a thousand dollars. In the past all the 16ga and .410 guns had fixed IC/ Mod chokes and that has remained. I will pass along the sentiment for a 26in barrel gun, but we make in a 28in barrels since it is the most widely requested barrel length. I am trying to get the spec weigh out of marketing but I suspect it should land about 7 pounds.

Feel free to PM me if you have addition questions on the CZ & Dan Wesson product line as I am happy to help.

FYI... We also do custom builds on shotguns so if you have something we don't make let me know and I will be happy to assist.

Kick'em Up

Field Supreme View attachment 7777

Last edited:
The field supreme looks pretty sweet, got my son a teal last year for Christmas in 12 ga, thinking about getting him a 20 this year.....hard to beat cabelas pricing on them right now! Have been really impressed with Teal. Keep up the good work.

If the 16 ga. Sharptail is truly built on a 12 ga. frame I would have little interest and I think it will greatly restrict sales. I'm really surprised at this since in an article by Chuck Hawks about the prior CZ 16 ga. the Ringneck he stated that the Ringneck was built on a "true 16 ga. frame".

Done a little more research and maybe the Ringneck was not built on a gauge specific frame. Sounds like they used 12 ga. barrel blanks to make the 16 ga. thus the 16 and 12 weighed about the same. 7.5 lbs. No one is going to buy a 7.5 lb. 16 ga.

Actually, the Ringneck's frame in 16 Ga. was gauge specific, but NOT the barrels; they were indeed out of 12Ga. barrel stock. I'm disappointed if CZ/Huglu has taken to making the Sharptail's frame 12 Ga., as well.

I own a DeHaan Model S2 SXS 16 Ga. with many similarities to the CZ Ringneck. Heavy...Yes, to a 16 Ga. purist, but the excellent balance offsets that flaw.

When will the 2018 models be available? I might be interested in a left hand Drake model. Any idea of what the price will be?

The MSRP will be $629.00 but street price should be 599.00 or so I would bet. I believe they should arrive in the 1st quarter 2018,but wont have the exact date until my shotgun production manager get back from a Kansas rooster hunt go figure. Pretty busy time around here with the hunting season and getting ready for next years models.

When will the 2018 models be available? I might be interested in a left hand Drake model. Any idea of what the price will be?

Back