New old guy

Skybuster

Hello everyone. My name is Bill, "Skybuster" and at 55, I guess I'm a little late to the party!

I live in southern Colorado and am a former guide and kennel master at Rocky Ford Upland Adventures, which was a hunting game park (pen raised birds). Up until I retired from that gig in 2019, I was running a kennel of 8 English pointers and 2 GSPs...all great dogs!

I still have a couple great EPs with me. They're both getting up in years, but still love to hunt, and we make three to four trips to the tall grass every fall to chase ringnecks. I've been hunting birds here since I was 8 years old, so it's kinda mandatory and essential to my survival to keep making those trips, even though Colorado's bird populations suck and we don't see many wild birds anymore.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here and looking forward to some good conversations and to meeting some of you guys in the field. 07-DSC_0008.JPG

Welcome aboard Skybuster! A pretty good crew hangin out here now. There gets to be some lively debates at times! Don't take things to personal, but if you do, the "ignore" feature can make it a better experience.

55? 55 is nothing !!! It's hardly even a speed limit anymore.

You are a ute...er...hang on...(spell check)...youth !!!

Each hunt will echo those of years ago and the dog work will hearken back to the great dogs you've worked with in your career.

Welcome Sir. Please post life stories and pictures.

Welcome! You're just a youngster. I'd been hunting pheasants 10 years by the time you were born. :)
Lol! I hope you still get that field time every year. I have an old friend in his nineties who still manages to get out every year. And even at his age, he'll still walk me into the ground!

55? 55 is nothing !!! It's hardly even a speed limit anymore.

You are a ute...er...hang on...(spell check)...youth !!!

Each hunt will echo those of years ago and the dog work will hearken back to the great dogs you've worked with in your career.

Welcome Sir. Please post life stories and pictures.
Thank you, sir!

I ended-up with one of those black ones this summer, 8 months old now. He sure isn't afraid of the tall/thick cover in the crp. He hasn't quite "put it together" yet. Needs to learn to "stock" the birds yet. Just too much scent where I have had him. He might work-out, if I am not careful.
20220209_123733.jpg

Back