New member from Texas

Hello All,

Just joined today after spending some time lurking. Really enjoy the site so far. Originally from Iowa, having hunted pheasants since turning 12. Moved to Texas after college but still visited Iowa for every opening weekend and other weeks at a time to chase the roosters. Been hitting SD the last handful of years after the bird numbers dropped off in Iowa. Can't wait to make the annual pilgrimage (4-6 guys from TX and my cousin from IA) to SD for the opening weekend (freelancing public land and doing quite well).

Thank you for the nice write -up about you. But you failed to mention your favorite gun and dog. Welcome to UPH, we are not really that demanding on the info I stated. Just nice to know......Bob

From one Texan to another...Welcome to UPH! What part of TX are you in? Enjoy the site.

Thanks guys! I'm in The Woodlands, north of Houston. I shoot a variety of guns but I prefer to shoot my Browning Citori or my old 870 that I won as a youngster when feeling nostalgic. I own a black lab as I do much more waterfowling down here than upland due to such far travel. My buddies have a mix of GSP's, setters and labs that all make the pilgrimage.

Welcome to UPH!

Back