New Hunting Knife Purchase

RyanLBosley

I am going to buy a new hunting knife. I am thinking to buy this one " Cold Steel 40A Click N Cut Folder 2.5 in Blade ABS Handle, One Size" Any one have any experience with this knife?​

Last edited:
I have a Click N Cut rattling around in my truck somewhere. I guess it’s about what I expect from a $25 knife.

Some of the reviews don't sound too good.
I personally would not buy it as there are other options. I would say a Buck 110 or 112 would out last it.
Something inexpensive, maybe a Mora carbon robust. or Ontario Rat 1 or Rat 2 folder.
If you want a blade changer.. havlon or outdoor edge

best knife i've had BY FAR is now over 30 years old. it was made by an Indian in eastern Oregon and started life as a mill file. you might check on Native-made knives.

What size opinel do you carry?
I have 3…a filet with about a 6” blade, a filet with about a 4.5”
blade, and a general knife with about a 2.5” blade…the large filet was a gift about 25 years ago…love those knives!!! Great for breasting game birds.

I still love my Buck 110
Me too. Had mine for over 40 years and it's still a great knife. I've got plenty of other knives but my Buck 110 is the best for a folding knife. It's all I had with me when I dropped a 6x6 bull elk and it got the job done.

You might look for a Kabar Little Finn, but. .MADE IN AMERICA. Kabar got sold and they started making the knives in China, and the blades thicker and not nearly as slick. I stillmiss the one I had for decades and lost in the field.

What are you hunting? Looks plenty short for field dressing a deer or filleting a pheasant. I use a Gerber Gator folder for deer and for birds I use a Browning folder, it was a Pheasants Forever, that was given with a donation several years ago, nice blade length and thickness, just keep an edge on it.

Back