New Hunting Accessory

kiotehntr

Super Moderator
The tranny started to go on the ole' Durango so I replaced her with this, what do you all think? I installed a new Vararam Cold Air Intake to help the ole' girl breathe a little easier. I think it makes a great hunting accessory.....

Thanks Uguide, I had some tears of sorrow when they pulled my Durango away but they quickly became tears of joy when they pulled my new truck in its place. :D

Hey Kiotehtnr,
what kind of gas mileage are you getting ??

Hey Kiotehtnr,
what kind of gas mileage are you getting ??
Before I got the Vararam Intake I would average around 15 to 17 mpg going around 70mph. This was with a pretty stout head wind. I just installed the Intake last night and haven't had a chance to see how much it improved, but I did take it out for a test run after the installation and man it woke some ponies up. I'm looking at getting around 17.5 to 18.5 mpg now. I'm also debating removing the fan clutch and the fan and installing a dual electric fan, along with a 180 degree thermostat. That will free up an additional 12 to 20hp and make my fuel economy even better yet. I knew that it liked to drink gas when I bought her but figured with a few easy mods I could get her thirst quenched some. I do run synthetic oil as well which also helps.

Nice ride! We'll be able to chase the ladies around Salina when we get done hunting next year:cheers:

In case Kiotehntr's wife reads this, I'm only kidding. Enjoy your new truck Lee. Just a little over 7 months to go.....

I like the old 440 six pack air cleaner look,

I was just wondering I have a 2001 Dakota and have every add on you can put on the truck and did not get any increase mileage but did get good horse power and torque.

Nice ride! We'll be able to chase the ladies around Salina when we get done hunting next year:cheers:

In case Kiotehntr's wife reads this, I'm only kidding. Enjoy your new truck Lee. Just a little over 7 months to go.....
The countdown is on my friend...:thumbsup:

I like the old 440 six pack air cleaner look,

I was just wondering I have a 2001 Dakota and have every add on you can put on the truck and did not get any increase mileage but did get good horse power and torque.
What size motor? Go to www.dodgetalk.com and check them out. They have a bunch of info that can help you. Most of them at that site race their trucks though, I don't. I just want some power and gas gains was all. I'm not sure why you haven't had any mpg gains though...

What size motor? Go to www.dodgetalk.com and check them out. They have a bunch of info that can help you. Most of them at that site race their trucks though, I don't. I just want some power and gas gains was all. I'm not sure why you haven't had any mpg gains though...

4.7L , I have on it, K/N cold Air kit, Jet stage 2 chip, Helix throttle body spacer plate (makes nice whistle sound)and a cat back exhaust system with single outlet, make great hp / torque thats about it

4.7L , I have on it, K/N cold Air kit, Jet stage 2 chip, Helix throttle body spacer plate (makes nice whistle sound)and a cat back exhaust system with single outlet, make great hp / torque thats about it
Have you thought about a programmer?

Have you thought about a programmer?

They didn't have programmers back for 4.7L in 2001 they wanted me to take out the EPU out of the truck and send it to them so they can make the modifications, so it was to expensive

They didn't have programmers back for 4.7L in 2001 they wanted me to take out the EPU out of the truck and send it to them so they can make the modifications, so it was to expensive
I wasn't for sure if they had one available for it or not. They may have one for it now but it seems that the 4.7 has kind of been pushed off to the side to make way for the 5.7 Hemi. Good luck finding something out and if I can find out any info I'll be sure to let you know.

you do know what dodge says in the dictionary right???................ to avoid, stay clear of. keep away..!!

Back