New Hunter

DennyJ

I thought I would take a few minutes and introduce a new hunter to the site.This is my son Zack and this is his first year hunting with me. So far he has tagged 4 roosters including one with a 23 inch tail. On Saturday I picked him up a Mossberg SA-20 Bantam semi auto shotgun as a Christmas present and he shot 2 roosters on Sunday including one at a distance of about 40 yards.

Last edited:
He's a real dead eye! Those are some nice roosters for his first few times out. Congrats and glad to see fathers and sons in the field.

Denny,

You definitely can be proud. I'm always impressed with the younger ones that have the ability to hit their targets. It's looks like Zak will become quite the hunter.

Nice pictures.

Dewey

Good pics Denny. I'd be proud too. At his age, I couldn't hit the water if I fell out of a boat!

Congrats Zach! Nice job. Just remember to give the old man a shot every once in a while so he will keep takin ya! After you get you own truck, then he aint got a prayer. Nice job dad for getting the youth involved. Thanks! Hey, I almost forgot, NICE PICS! Thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:

Rod​

Congratulations, Zack, on those birds and welcome to the fraternity of pheasant hunters. I wish you a Merry Christmas and many memorable years in the field hunting with your dad.

Welcome aboard Zack! Don't forget to introduce your friends to the sport as well. Tell em' about the great times you've had and encourage them to seek out an opportunity......Or just talk to dad and see if he'd be willing to take a friend some time.

Great story and pics!

Back